SPEAKERS.

The reason yamaha put separate speakers witht he TYROS was to make the illusion that it is a "professional" board (since all professional keyboard DO NOT have speakers, pro keyboardists use amplifiers on gigs) and pro keyboardists look down upon keyboards with built in speakers, considering anything with built in speakers to be a "toy" so

this was a marketing move by Yamaha.

A good friend of mine has the TYROS, he hates the "tyros speakers" and recommends an amp (he is a gigging musician in a 2-man band.)

If you're going to pay $3000 USD for a keyboad, I think it deserves an amplifier that will make the best of those "great" sounds, I would recommend the "motion sound" stereo amp with built in "real" leslie type speaker for the organ sounds too, at about $1100 going price at online music stores.

hope that helps,

(personally I inveted in a new Roland module rather than pumping out $3000 for a TYROS, which doesn't allow you to play its best voices, the mega voices, "live". MY Roland XV5050 module has 1300 patches/voices which can be edited, and all the lovely guitars (which sound just as good as the mega guitars) can indeed by played "live" thru my trusty old PSR.

I still like the Yamaha trumpets/saxes better than the Roland's, but all the other Roland voices are absolutely fabulous, and I was a dyed in the wool Yamaha addict before demoing the FANTOM in the music store, falling in love with the sounds, then ordering the module online.

Of course the XV5050 is a SOUND MODULE and doesn't have styles or any of those extra bells and whistles. If I want to use styles, I can run them thru that, but since I've been recording as a hobby for a few months, I've drifted away from the PSr styles and am into making my own "backing tracks" for my songs.

Good luck,
Cathy