I also finally received (last Friday) the backordered Tyros speakers for my Tyros keyboard. My opinion is that though they sound very good (but not great), that they sound BETTER than ANY arranger keyboard 'built in speaker' system I've ever played.

Tyros speaker setup/breakdown is really a breeze, If the speaker brackets are left mounted to the keyboard, it takes less than 8 seconds to attach each satelite speakers to the keyboard, and another 10 seconds to place the subwoofer on the floor and plug it into the keyboard. The subwoofer is heavier, and not built as rugged as I would have prefered, but it definitely sounds better than any internal 'built into the keyboard' speaker system. Frankly, I'd never rely solely on 'built into the keyboard' speakers alone to provide sound for any of MY paying gig performances. My clients deserve better, so I almost always augment my sound with at least one external PA speaker (EV SxA100). What I particularly like about the Tyros speakers (as personal monitors) is that can be optimally aimed directly towards MY ears.

The one thing I notice about the Tyros satellite speaker mounting brackets is that there is a 'seemingly useless' piece of plastic that sticks out (protrudes) out past the rear of the keyboard making a 'larger than necessary' keyboard case required if the brackets are to remain permananantly attached to the KB. After coming to the conclusion that this piece of protruding plastic is totally useless and will not compromise the integrity or strength of the bracket whatsoever, I'm thinking of removing it altogether (with a hack saw) to make it possible to fit the keyboard in the 'smallest possible' keyboard case (Kaces Porter #9 or Yamaha Signature brand Tyros gig bag) which more closely matches the EXACT dimensions of the Tyros keyboard itself.

I'm also looking for a separate lightweight soft yet padded gig bag which will best fit the Tyros Subwoofer: 13.8" (350mm) x 8.3" (210mm) x 12.6" (321mm) and/or the Tyros satellite speakers: 3.8" (97mm) x 6.9" (174mm) x 7" (178mm). Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks. - Scott