Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Yes, the edited voices are displayed. I just fired the keyboard up to be sure that it didn't loose them and they were there.

Gary

Gary, are they displaying the 'edited' voice name or are they displaying the Preset 'name'?

Also, is it REALLY true that the PSR 3000 is able to load a User Registration on start up? Automatically?

Again, if these features are on the PSR 3000, they would make wonderful candidates for a Tyros OS update.

Steve Deming seems to be very negative in his reaction about Yamaha not wanting to address these things. I guess he is hoping by saying it that Tyros owners will give up on their desire to have these features included in the Tyros - ever.

But if you remember, Steve said the same thing about the 'Repeat to Self' feature using a commmon foot controller. He essentially said that it was a design decision by Yamaha to NOT include it in the Tyros. Yet with our Synth Zone and other Tyros owners fervently and persistently beseeching Yamaha to give the Tyros that feature, Yamaha had a change of heart and gave it to us with an OS update.

Can we Tyros owners not have the same persistent fervency over two included features on a much less expensive Yamaha Arranger? Yes, I think we can if indeed these features are really on the PSR 3000 and not a figment of Gary's imagination (or poor eyesight )...... Gary, I thought you quit guzzling that kick a poo juice..

Tell us straight up Gar... Are the 'edited' voices being displayed, i.e. the 'edited name'. That is what we're looking for.. the "EDITED" 'name', NOT the 'preset' name of an edited voice. Is the EDITED name of a preset voice displayed when an edited Voice is called up using a Registration on the PSR 3000.

And the other question being: Can a User Registration be 'automatically' loaded on Start Up with the PSR 3000? Yes or No... No maybe's allowed.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-06-2004).]