Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
You must be doing something wrong. I had no problem recalling the voices from registrations on the 3000.

Hi Gary, good to hear it's working PROPERLY on your PSR3000. Unfortunately this is not the case on my Tyros.

After reading your response, I went ahead and RE-CHECKED the problem on my Tyros, and after re-booting and re-initializing the keyboard, I still NOTICE the problem, though 'not quite' the way I had originally described it.

Here's exactly what happens on my Tyros. If I create a 'custom edited' Preset Voice and store it (with a brand 'new name') in the Tyros's USER area (either in User ROM or on the Tyros HD), and then save this voice to be recalled (as the RIGHT1 voice) in one of the 'Registration' or 'OTS' buttons... When this button is later selected, though the 'newly edited' voice sound is correctly heard, the MAIN WINDOW display page on the Tyros LCD screen displays the 'original' Preset Voice Name' rather than the new name given the 'edited' voice.

As I mentioned earlier, Steve's edited voices: "Hop Mini" and "Wave 2003" when saved & then recalled via Reg or OTS buttons, do audibly sound correctly as the 'edited' versions do, but their names in the Tyros MAIN WINDOW diplay (RIGHT1)reflect the original PRESET voice names: "Hip Lead" and "Wave 2001" instead.

I'm really curious now to find out if this is just a glitch with my Tyros keyboard or if other Tyros keyboard owners are experiencing this as well.

Can some other Tyros owners here PLEASE take the time to check this out on your Tyros? Create a 'custom edited' Preset Voice and then save it by 'another name' in the Tyros USER area (HD or USER Rom), and then save this newly edited voice to RIGHT1, in a Registration Button memory (remembering to make sure the Memory Contents 'voice' parameter box is checked), and then try recalling (selecting) this memory button again and report back 'what name' appears in the MAIN WINDOW page's Right1 voice assignment.

Thanks in advance.

Scott