I also own an X1 but without any of Beakybird's problems. Everything works as it should be. Piano sounds of X1, though decent, IMO are a little too short. Yes the amplification of X1 is noisy when the volume is set too low (same thing for headphone output as well). The volume of X1 at least has to be set around the middle to lessen the perception of noise. X1 speakers somehow need exercise/warm-up before they produce decent sounds and their low frequency reproduction is not that good (do not have deep bass like the Yamaha PSR9000). I like X1's FM piano (not the DXs), very warm and sweet, better than the ones I heard from Yamaha and Roland (personal taste only). X1 has excellent Saxophone sounds, very real when played properly. X1 styles are very exciting, but need a bit of modifications to tone down for quieter, easy listening music. I like the way X1's control on setup of manual bass and other instruments (switch between full arranger on mode and drums-bass-solo-only manual mode is extremely easy, very flexible for live playing). However, I wish Solton also included mutli-pad functions like the ones with Yamaha PSR-9000 for even lifelier performance. I guess we cannot have everything with one keyboard.

Paul Ip
from Texas