Here's some PSR2000 news as reported by Carlos Rodrigues on the Yahoo Groups Yamaha Styles forum:

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlos Rodrigues:

Unfortunately it's not true that the OS of PSR 2000 is updatable only by downloading it.

According with latest news from Yamaha I received today, It's necessary first to replace two internal Main ROM chips.

Here are the alterations each known update corrects:

Software update V1.00 => V1.10
1. The Fingering Type was not recorded in the registration memory when ACOMP is turned on.
2. The data is not reproduced even if the registration button was pushed when Split Point was displayed on the pop up screen.
3. does not work occasionally.

Note: Main ROM changes from flash ROM to the mask ROM, and the location of the ROM has been changed according to these modifications.

Software update V1.10 => V1.20
1. The section setting returns to the default when entering in the song recording.
2. When it reproduces the style after it reproduces a built-in song, the
style part is turned off.
3. The style does not stop if it does the overwrite recording.

APPLICATION
PSR1000: Serial numbers 619437 and up
PSR2000: Serial numbers 608179 and up

Cheers
Carlos Rodrigues

Carlos,thank you for clarifying the PSR2000 OS version & chip vs. software update controversy. I am of course EXTREMELY disappointed that I will probably have to take my 2000 into a repair shop now just to get these bugs (?!) fixed . I'm really curious WHY Yamaha was not able to correct these problems via software OS (Flash ROM) alone.

Carlos, could you possibly check your KB (main program version 1.10 or 1.20) to see if the intro (count in, simple, 4 bar) and ending (fill & hit, simple, 4 bar) types can be saved in registration memory?Unfortunately, this essential feature is not included in version 1.00. In addition to the intro/ending thing, two other settings which really could benefit being included in Registration Memory (as Uncle Dave also pointed out) are:

1) Vocal Harmony type selection
2) Mic efx settings.

Please check to see if these three things might have been implemented in version 1.10/1.20. Oh yeah, and it would be nice to check if the vocalizer speedy mouse (which Don Mason had complained about) has been addressed too. Many thanks. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 01-29-2002).]