Steve,

From my experience, always off is just fine most of the time. However, I really liked the way it was set up on some of the earlier keyboards, which had the provision to select the OTS independantly of the left voice. Didn't need to use the Freeze button, just selected the left voice I wished, then could go through the OTS for the right1 and right2 voices without affecting the left. Just made sense. That way, when I wanted that left voice, it was a single button push to turn it on or off, and when I progressed through the variations and OTS, that voice I selected was the one that played. I guess the folks in the engineering and design department figured that linking the left voice with the OTS was a good thing, and that would be true if everyone liked to use the same left voice for every song using that particular style. Unfortunately, this is never the case. Nope, they didn't call me about this one either! That's OK, I can work around it.

Thanks for your help,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)