Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Ironically, this was how it was done with the PSR-5700 and PSR-740. They switched to the current system with the 2000.

Yep, this sounds hauntingly familiar to the suddenly missing "Fill to Self" feature on the Tyros. When I first reported this to Yamaha, rather than acknowledging the problem, they adamently insisted the ommision was a conscious 'design change' decision on their part. It was only after many months of repeated hounding that Yamaha finally acknowledged bug, and included it again on the Tyros via OS update.

I'm now beginning to wonder if the same thing may be going on here with Yamaha's sudden change (starting with the PSR2000) of storing the LEFT voice settings with the' "STYLE" Group rather than "VOICE" Group, as I can think of NO practical benefit (from an arranger keyboard players standpoint) for Yamaha to have intentionally implemented this as a 'design change' improvement.

I would have expected Yamaha should have caught this bug by now, especially after 4 subsequent new model releases since this initially took place on the PSR2000: PSR2100, Tyros, and PSR3000. Perhaps Yamaha just thought we wouldn't notice?!

It's only because I finally discovered (by sheer luck & some ingenuity) a workaround solution for freely selecting preset styles without changing the LEFT voice that this is no longer a 'life & death' issue for me, but Yamaha definitely needs to again, store LEFT VOICE settings with all the other voices (RT1 (Main), RT2 (Layer, and RT3) in the VOICE 'Memory Contents' Group, and hopefully implement this with Tyros II. At this point I guess it's just 'wait and see'.

Scott