Hi Gunnar and Everyone
I have to say, in the 10 minutes I had to try the SD1 at George Kaye's store - I felt rather bewildered. Never having played any Ketron/Solton keyboard, I found it very difficult to perform things that come simply on other keyboards. I would describe it as user-unfriendly. And, oh my god, ALL those teeny little buttons all look the same. Not good for me - my vision is not what it used to be!
But, I guess one would learn it within a reasonable time. Although it's disconcerting that even George is struggling with some operations on the SD1. I find it incredible that they would make a complicated keyboard like this and have no User Manual?!?
And to Tony, yes... I would like to see more standardization in the "front ends" of all these keyboards. It would be nice if all the companies all agreed on standard terms for things, and implemented more uniform ways of doing things from one keyboard to the next.

Well, I guess I'll be holding off on buying an SD1 at least until a proper User Manual come with it.
Tom
Tom