Scott thanks for posting those demos. I had a listen to them. I know there's so many here who are completely phyched about the T2, but I'm not impressed with these styles. The "Hammond" style really drove me nuts. Here's why. The distorted guitar that was used really sounds bad with the overdone fret noise. When playing a riff like that you don't get such an overbearing fret noise.

I think the T2 has really good sounds. I love the new SA voices (that sax alone blows me away). I just can't get down with Yamaha's styles. I listened to the Funk style to show the drums and boy it was "classic keyboard funk". Sounded exactly like funk done on a keyboard.

Yamaha may have good sounds, easy interface, decent features, ect., but sorry to say (in my opinion) Yamaha is really weak in the styles. I don't think they sound natural at all. The guitar in that Hammond demo I think is a good example.

I think Yamaha could learn a thing or two from Ketron. I think Ketron has the best styles I've heard on keyboard. They sound so much more natural and more "live".

Personally I'd take an SD-1 over the T1 and T2 if I relied heavily on preset styles.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.