I agree with ya too Squeak... Totally. For me it has been like this with the PA80 as it is for Fran with the G1000. It has always worked for me and I never saw any need to change. As for a backup ? Yes I still value having one, but my Software system more than covers it. In fact, it's getting good enough that I can semi-retire the PA80 and relegate it to backup status at this point.

I can't say I miss my old M1 though I had it for a long time. It was a love-hate thing for me ..always. Loved some of the sounds and combis.. liked the key feel.

Hated that mine was one of the earliest ones available with the eeprom issue that caused it to lose everything internally several times. Unfortunately this started happening well after the warranty had expired, but Korg must have known anyway because it was fixed relatively early in the production run. I also didn't like the look all that much ( I KNOW Donny and I disagree here.. we've discussed this before.. lol ) .

Marketing is a wonderful thing. I'm sure those "new" Super Articulation voices sound great. On the other hand, what Yamaha isn't marketing is that they are finally starting to employ technologies that have been around for quite a while now, dating back to a couple Kurzweil models ago and available for quite a while through higher quality sample sets and specialty modules.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's great that these boards are evolving somewhat and I hope that those of us who buy them have great enjoyment. Heck, I might even consider a T2, if I come to the conclusion that it would work better and be a good value vs dollar than what I have available to me now. I also try to see through the marketing hype too though.

AJ