I can understand where Fran is coming from. We all have our own personal needs from a keyboard. The G-1000 suits Fran's needs and works well for him. Just because there's newer models doesn't mean he needs to dump the G-1000 and "get with the now". Hell I still see people playing Korg M1's and would rather die than lose that keyboard.

To be honest I think the T2 has some great sounds, but you know I still think Yamaha's styles reek of cheese. Why???? Simple.., OVER QUANTIZED. Yammies styles lack a natural feel. It's that "cheeze" feel they have that always are a dead give-a-way that it's a Yammie arranger. Mainly really weak drums tracks and bass lines. Yamaha has ALWAYS had weak drums in their arrangers. That's why I always trashed their drum kits found on $1,000 and up keyboards of theirs.

I still think the best styles I've heard today come from Ketron. Their styles just have so much power to them. They sound very natural. That's why I even think the Korg PA series has the edge too. A bands timing ins't dead on. You need just a little roughness to it. If Yammie backed off a bit on the quantization their styles would sound better in my opinion.

Fran keep playing that G-1000. If it works for you, gets the job done, and makes you smile then that's all that matters.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 10-27-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.