Hi Henry , great to see you back (from Toronto) now residing here again in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Quote:
Originally posted by Henry01:
Which store did you audition the G70?

Colton Piano in Walnut Creek.

Quote:
Originally posted by Henry01:
which OS version was on the G70?

Good question. I forgot to check the OS version, but it's the OS version installed in the keyboard (when shipped from Roland). I did inform the store salesman (Jeff) about the latest downloadable OS available online & urged him to check & install the latest version to possibly gain from its (sound improvement?) benefits.

Here's another observation I made about the G70. Though I appreciated the color LCD screen, it's size appears smaller (and substantially less sharp & clear to my eyes) than the Tyros' display. The G70's fixed position display screen (lack of tilt adjustment) & finger touch touch screen requirement only to make important on the fly selections are other 'serious' drawbacks, especially if you occasionally need to perform outdoors as I do. Dispite this, the keyboard's feel & navigation & sounds, esp acoustic piano (once the efx are heavily reduced) keep my eyes & ears open to another audtion following hopeful OS improvements.

Henry, let me know what you think of the G70 after auditioning it. Perhaps we could work a deal if we buy 2 G70' together from the piano store. Btw, I trust you're still playing & enjoying your Ketron KB?

Scott