Hi

Not really being a 'live' player (more dead from the neck up ) I did not think I had much of a tale to tell ....but on reflection...

My parents are Salvation Army officers and I am their big dissapointment however if they have anything special on I usually go along to earn brownie points!!

A few years ago there was a group called the Joy strings. Not sure if they ever went over to America but they were quite big here in the UK in the sixties. They were led by Joy Webb (also a Salvation Army officer.) Anyhow she came over to some services my parents were holding and I went along to see how she was holding out. She borrowed my Keyboard (then a KN5000) and really made it sing.

I stayed for lunch and she was messing with the board and I was listening in awe when she asked if I would play while she sang. Not usually playing for anyone (let alone for someone with such a reputation) I was nervous to say the least. Still I got through it and will never forget it.

Another thing is that my ex father in law is best mates with Georgie Fame (Don't know if you have heard of him over there???). We all went to see one of his concerts and then went out to dinner with him later. He said to come round to rehersals the next day and I could 'jam' on the piano. I bottled out and have regretted it ever since

Anyhow thats my tale (or rather two!!)
Tony