It should be about the music, that's what I'm saying. Because of new technologies, more and more people are getting into music creation. Computer based software, arranger keyboards, etc. have opened up music creation for those who may otherwise not have the training or ability to enjoy making music on their own. And that is great. It doesn't matter how the music is created or what medium is used, or what the chosen music genre happens to be. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone, or promote others to hurt our planet or fellow living beings, then go for it.

Short story:
Back when I was 18 years old the band I was in got booked at a bar that was shall we say, very white. We didn't know this until we got there to set up. It wasn't really a problem for me or the guitar player, but the drummer was this little black kid of 16 years old. As soon as he walked in the door it was like a movie. The juke box stopped and every head in the place turned to the front door. Being the trooper that Eddie was, he carried his kick drum in, sat it on the stage and went out to get the next load. You could tell a lot of the crowd was not real thrilled to say the least.

Here is the cool part. Once we were set up and started playing, it took 2 songs for the crowd to forget about anything other than the music. And when it came to the end of the night, several of the 'jaw to the floor' guys came up and said how good we were and offered to help carry our equipment out. That is what music should accomplish.

The point is, I have always loved music and am thankful that I can play an instrument and that there are those who actually enjoy hearing what I have to say musically. Music should make you feel good. And music related things should generate the same emotions.

So when you find yourself wanting to say something negative against another forum member, how about thinking about the music instead?

Dave