<<< SCOTT: I did hear some smaller Logitech speakers at Office Depot awhile back. It was a 2.1 and sold for around $60. They were playing digital sattelite music. It sounded incredibly terrific. >>>>>>>>

I think I may have the speakers Scott is talking about: Logitech Z3's. Music CD's sound terrific on these. My YAM DGX sounds excellent also - almost all of the time. On some of the B3 voices I get too much low end on notes lower than middle C. It is as though the speaker is synthesizing a suboctave that seems to be lower than 40 Hz. There is no EQ to get control of this low range. I can work around this problem, and it is not enough of a problem for me to stop using the speakers. They are a little low on power, though. Fine for home but not enough for even small gigs. Very good value for the money.

I mounted the satellites to the underside of the KB so that they fire down and are nearly invisible. The effect of having the sound seem to come from everywhere in the room is pretty good, but nothing to compare with Scott's experience of fifty kilobuck organ systems. No wonder he is spoiled.

By the way, I am not at all offended by Scott's comments. He took pains to ensure that we all knew he was giving his own opinion and clearly expressed his respect for the opinions of others. I wish everyone were so careful.

Douglas Wolfe