I did hear some smaller Logitech speakers at Office Depot awhile back. It was a 2.1 and sold for around $60. They were playing digital sattelite music. It sounded incredibly terrific.

This experience is tempting me to take my Tyros to Circuit City and plugging into a z2300 that I see they have as an experiment.

My guess is that there is a difference between digital CD's being played compared to an arranger keyboard where although they are extremely good still doesn't really sound exactly like the live instruments.

I am still waiting to hear some more good responses to my post. I hope I didn't offend anyone. It's just my experience. I really, really wanted to be able to like the sound of the z5500 out of the box.

My question I have repeatedly asked myself is why do I not like this sound at all and yet a number of people like them and think they are the best thing since sliced bread.

The only thing I can figure out so far is that there is something wrong with my z5500's which I don't think is the case. That there is a better setting of EQ or speaker placement, I don't think this will change it much as I've tried more combinations than I really wanted to.

I would guess that the hobbyist that uses them at home pointed directly at themselves will enjoy these. This is the way it sounds best to me. Getting just a few feet away from the forward blast of the speakers reveals to me what sounds like a very small speaker in a very small housing pushing out a bunch of highs. Not unlike the old speakers at outdoor theaters.

Then of course there is the very subjective thing of what sounds does a particular individual like?

These are very small speakers. Not unlike a boom box. I am wondering if the people that like the sound of the satellites like the sound of a boom box. I do not. A lot of people have become accustomed to hearing music through very small speakers. Not me.

I suppose the next thing is about the ability of a person to be able to hear. Is that persons hearing ok? Or, is there an actual problem with their ears (including mine). What about people that use a hearing aid?

Then I notice some of you mentioning positive audience response on their sound. Sometime I may take both systems to a gig and do an A/B test for the audience and then see what they have to say. I typically have audience members literally dropping theirs jaws when they are amazed at the sound I get and then be able to change to different band styles and solo voices.

Possibly since I had been in the home organ business for years and am used to hearing $50,000+ home organs that sound fantastic that I am using that as the barometer of measurement where the other players are using a comparison to a PA system which is what they are used to. For me the sound of an arranger keyboard through a standard PA system compared to a $50K home organ is very substandard.

OK, just a few more thoughts. This rather puzzles me really.

I am still all ears for ideas to my findings.

Best
Scott