Well, I was out for a two weeks holiday when I heard from the italian TV of this attack. At first I couldn't believe it really had happened. Then I realized it was sadly true and I am afraid that our prayers for a better world are bound to be disappointed. Behind this insane act there is an evil mind and this becomes apparent if you consider that by hitting the WTC towers (more than the Pentagon) this evil mind has:
1- taken a horrible toll in human lives
2- hit the United States (and the western world) in one of the strategic places of their economy
3- destroyed one of the symbols of NYC (just like destroying the Tour Eiffel in Paris or the Colosseum in Rome) and indeed a wonderful piece of contemporary architecture.
So it's evident that are at work evil forces that greatly surpass our imagination and we can only pray that those forces can and will be effectively contrasted and crashed by all the men of goodwill throughout the world.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 09-12-2001).]