Hello Mario,

I am glad that you share opinion about the 9kpro superiority.

Regarding the styles conversion ...
I am using program called EMC which basicaly converts styles from other keyboards (Roland, Korg, X1 ...) to 9kpro.
Denny is wright, the link that he gave you has tons of styles converted from other boards to PSR format already.It also has the CVP209 styles which you have to download into 9kpro. They are amasing !
Many of those styles do have just two variations because they were probably converted by EMC. The EMC version that I have converts the data to PSR8000 format and it looks that the PSR8000 had only two variations. But the problem can be easily solved by merging two "two variation" styles into one. You simply go and a style using "easy edit" on your 9kpro and then you can assembly and mix different variations from different styles into one.
On the internet link mentioned above usually they have two versions of the same style like Disco1 and Disco2. Usually it means that one, for example X1 style with 4 variations was split into two 9kpro styles with 2 variations. You can download them and merge them later on, on you 9kpro so you get an original 4 variation style.

Regarding the memory ...
I bought regular SIMM memory which is used for computers.
I have followed the specs described on pg.185 of 9kpro manual.
I have tried also EDO SIMMs but they didn't work properly, so I suggest you go with regular SIMM memory chips, no EDO, 70 ns or faster. Other specs(dimension, number of chips) you can find in the manual.
The SIMM memory is an older memory and it is not present so much in the computer stores but I have seen it around. I have personaly purchased it through newsgroup where they sell computer parts. Also I have notices many of these chips on E-bay. You just search for SIMMs. You will find them.
Just try to to follow the specs as described.
I think yamaha also sells these chips but they are so expensive.
I bought two 32M chips for $25 from a computer guy through the local newsgroups on the net.

If you have more questions, I will be glad to help.

Cheers