After trying the 9000 for a few weeks I'm going to return it to Guitar Center. They are probably not going to like me very much.

I tried very hard to like the 9000 better than my X1. I absolutely loved the vocal harmonizer and vocal processing. It is extreamly simple and easy to use, and it sounds very good.

I thought the guitars were of great quality. I can see how someone who does a lot of country such as DonM would like the guitars. I thought they were very good.

I liked the organs too. They were pretty good sounding. I thought the Leslie simulation could be better but the organs were very good.

There is soooo much support out there for the Yamaha. All kinds of styles and stuff.

Yet in just about every other area I still prefer the Solton. Even with the changes that Donny recommended I still thought the styles were lifeless. The brass and woodwinds sounded much better than the 2000 but still (in my opinion only) not nearly as real as the Solton's.

For me the buttons for intros fills and variations are placed just right on the X1.

I know the 9000 is a great keyboard it just didn't impress me enough to part with my X1. I know that 10 years ago I would have given my eye teeth for a board that was this good.

Some people prefer Fords and some Chevys. I guess I'll just wait for the next generation of keyboards to come out.

The thought of the SD-1 is interesting. My Guitar Center doesn't stock it, too bad .........

Regards,

Tom

Tom