SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Arranger Keyboard Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tico Tico Yamaha Tyros 5 By Rico by Dnj @ 10/15/14 10:55 AM

Rico...I thought so...great explanation.
Jump to new posts Re: Tico Tico Yamaha Tyros 5 By Rico by KeyBTyros @ 10/15/14 10:25 AM

Hi Montunoman, Thanks for your nice reply my friend Greetz Rico Have a ncie evening
Jump to new posts Re: Tico Tico Yamaha Tyros 5 By Rico by KeyBTyros @ 10/15/14 10:24 AM

LoL DNJ, Thats so cool you ask because this discusion has bin here 2.5 years ago also because they could not believe i did that But its verry simple If you wanna put this away like this you need to have a midi ! Because theres no style that can d
Jump to new posts Re: Tico Tico Yamaha Tyros 5 By Rico by montunoman @ 10/15/14 10:16 AM

Very inspiring playing Rico. Thanks for sharing!
Jump to new posts Re: Ear Players or Sheet Music Players ? by montunoman @ 10/15/14 10:12 AM

I think the best players can do both... I know some great classical players that can read or play anything that they hear. Also there of plenty of great jazz/pop players that can read. Having good reading skills and a good ear are both fundamental sk
Jump to new posts Re: O.T. It's kinda slow around here, so . . . by ianmcnll @ 10/15/14 10:11 AM

I haven't laughed that hard since my ex mother-in-law fell down the basement stairs. The old ones are the best Don. Ian
Jump to new posts Re: Ear Players or Sheet Music Players ? by ianmcnll @ 10/15/14 10:07 AM

I read well and also play pretty good by ear and I enjoy the latter far more than the former. In the studio it's primarily charts so I've learned how to read them too. I think ear playing is very important, as it's not possible to write "feelin
Jump to new posts Re: Tico Tico Yamaha Tyros 5 By Rico by Dnj @ 10/15/14 09:45 AM

Very Nice job Rico great quality sound.....questions 1- is this a SMF or Backing track, style? 2- how are you changing the sounds without hitting the buttons on deck,...pedals? or?
Jump to new posts Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More by Dnj @ 10/15/14 09:38 AM

There are many features I like but Personally what I never liked about Roland arrangers is the sound of the Brass patches,...there is just something about them to my ears that lacks the realism Yamaha Brass has IMO..
Jump to new posts Re: Ear Players or Sheet Music Players ? by Dnj @ 10/15/14 09:27 AM

Many players for whatever reason are too lazy to memorize songs, lyrics, or have to use the charts as a big crutch,.. that's the first step....but after you memorize or just playing it out of your head by ear then you can ad-lib and play it the way y
Jump to new posts Re: O.T. It's kinda slow around here, so . . . by travlin'easy @ 10/15/14 09:21 AM

Old joke, Don - but still a goodie. Gary
The Bar
Jump to new posts Re: VERY POWERFULL!!!!!!!! by captain Russ @ 10/15/14 09:20 AM

Meeting good people is the great takeaway of membership here. My friend Chas is at the top of my "great people" list. Russ
Jump to new posts Re: Ear Players or Sheet Music Players ? by travlin'easy @ 10/15/14 09:19 AM

I agree with Rico.
Jump to new posts Re: Ear Players or Sheet Music Players ? by captain Russ @ 10/15/14 09:14 AM

Ear players are more fun to watch and listen to in an impromptu setting, but, if you do demand studio work, you have to be able to sight read. Well rounded players read when they have to, but play by ear whenever possible. Russ
Jump to new posts Re: Tico Tico Yamaha Tyros 5 By Rico by KeyBTyros @ 10/15/14 09:12 AM

HI Dick, Thank you verry much for your kind comment Its just a hobby that got out of hand i did some things in the past but i started singing in 2005 en quited playing because i didnt had a challenge anymore so i quited for about 6 / 7 years But t
Technics Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Gunnar Jonny's Website by nsr007 @ 10/15/14 09:12 AM

Nigel, I meant no disrespect to your playing Rock music - it came as a surprise. You are right when it comes to certain songs written in three-chord harmony. "Cow, Cow, Boogie" comes to mind, along with many songs that singers like Dinah Wa
Jump to new posts Re: Tico Tico Yamaha Tyros 5 By Rico by dtrue @ 10/15/14 08:56 AM

Rico, I am always amazed at your talent! And such a dynamic performance on tico tico. May I ask if your music ability is your full time job or is it just a "hobby"? Dick
Jump to new posts Re: Tico Tico Yamaha Tyros 5 By Rico by KeyBTyros @ 10/15/14 08:55 AM

My Friends thank you so much for your kind reply's Realy nice the responses are overwhelming and i am verry happy with it I wish you a nice evening speak to you soon Greetz Rico
Jump to new posts Re: Ear Players or Sheet Music Players ? by KeyBTyros @ 10/15/14 08:48 AM

I would say Ear because they can do things that are not on paper most of the time people stick to whats on the sheet if you are less disctracted by what your doing you can put more feeling in it thats what i think Greetz Rico PS i also agre
Jump to new posts Re: Ear Players or Sheet Music Players ? by Bernie9 @ 10/15/14 08:47 AM

Some good players playing by ear could outshine the lesser player who can read, and vice verse, but the player who can do both has an advantage, especially, in learning new music. IMHO
Jump to new posts Re: O.T. It's kinda slow around here, so . . . by captain Russ @ 10/15/14 08:41 AM

Don's getting BETTER! R.
Jump to new posts Ear Players or Sheet Music Players ? by MusicalMemories @ 10/15/14 08:32 AM

Which would you say makes a better keyboard player? Someone who use the dots or plays by ear ?
Jump to new posts O.T. It's kinda slow around here, so . . . by DonM @ 10/15/14 07:56 AM

One day, in line at the company cafeteria, Joe says to Mike behind him, "My elbow hurts like hell. I guess I'd better see a doctor." Mike replies, "Listen, you don't have to spend that kind of money.There's a diagnostic computer down
Wanted To Buy & Sell
Jump to new posts Re: Wanted: Roland BK-9 by Bernie9 @ 10/15/14 03:36 AM

BK-9 has been purchased
Jump to new posts Re: Tyros 4 vs. Tyros 5 by guitpic1 @ 10/15/14 01:28 AM

Tx all. Everytime I play the T4, I wonder why I would want to upgrade?
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

Help keep Synth Zone Online