Tonight I was at the music store. I tried out the 740 and the roland g1000. Last week I tried the X1. Now keep calm a second, I think the 740 sounds the best. It SHURELY sounds better than the g1000 althogh the g1000 has more "powerfull" sound. But in a way, it even sounds better than the X1. I think it has a more crisp and distinct sound. In the X1, everything (voices, style sounds, etc..) sounds muffled together. Now, Maybe I'm biased (the 740 is less $$$), but thats what I think. After all I'm in America and everyone is entitled to there opinnion. (even if it doesn't make sense!)
Now about the fill-in's. The 740's manual (from the web), Says that after pressing a fill-in/part button (A/B/C/D), while the fill-in is playing, You can press the destination "main" part and it will begin playing after the fill finishes. When I tried it in the store, I found that the fill-in changes to the fill-in of the main button that you just pressed.
For example, if I where playing main part A, and I wanted fill-in B and then to resume playing part A, I coudn't change back to part A without having to hear the end of fill A instead of the end of fill B (the fill changes in middle!)
Now is there a way to program it or this is just a real stupid "fudj" from Yamaha?
Jick

P.S. Criticism? I'm just expecting it.