Hi Jick!

Why should anybody criticise you? If you found the 740 better then thats good. People should never be worried about arguments AS LONG as they are founded (that is what these places are for otherwise it would be boring if everybody liked the same thing!!). I remember a so called RASHEED (bless his heart..not) where I think he said the DJX was the best keyboard in the world, however, he never really said why, I think that kind of person was only out to cause a stirr for the fun of it, but you have a genuine reason, even if people disagree I am sure they would respect you none the less.

The only thing I would argue against what you said is that in what way does the X1 sound muffled? Ive had it for around 3 months now, and it has a crisp sound. Maybe try increasing the 3 way graphic analyser for HIGH, MIDRANGE or LOW frequencies, they are very responsive and does make a big difference.

Perhaps when you say muffled, you mean that some styles have so much going on that it sounds overwhelming, if thats what you meant then I can relate to that because there are a few styles that are quite noisy (but still great). But most of the styles are very clear and easy to distinguish what instruments are doing what.

Hope this post helps.
Danny (UK)

PS. sorry but I cant help you with the fill ins as I dont know!