Used the L1, M1 for the for time yesterday. I had three jobs...follows is a description of how I set up and the issues I encountered along the way...

Gig #1: DAR Holiday Gathering at a local Country Club...Medium size banquet room of a country club...Small audience of about 25 seated about 40 feet in front of me...I'm running my Tyros 2 and senn 855s into my Yamaha 212s box mixer...Running 1/4" lines from the main outs on the front of the amp into channels 1 and 2

Gig #2: Xmas Party at area Retirement Community...Roughly 150 split off to the far left and far right of the room...(no guests in front of us)...also, we're in a small cubby hole section of the room, that also has a low ceiling that slopes downward just above our head. No real option for us to be anywhere else...Ran my Tyros 2 and senn 855s vox into the Yamaha emx 212s amp...Guitarist/Vocalist both mic'ed with a Sure sm 58 also into the emx...

Volume throughout the room was appropriate, even and clear...

We struggled with feedback most of the 2 hours, I'm sure because we we so jammed on top of this thing. There was no room to move it any further away whatsoever...We had some relief by killing all mics on an as needed basis...(If it wasn't being used for that song, it got muted...)

That said, it sounded pretty good...

Gig #3: 3 hour lounge entertainment for roughly 150 in an Elks Club...Working as a solo...I tried a different set up configuration. I did not use any external box amp this time. I ran my Tyros 2 into channels 3/4 of the L1, M1...I ran my senn 855s mic via mono into channel 1 of the power stand.

Honestly, it sounded like crap...

After the end of my 1st set...(thankfully all background instrumental) I set the system up like I had at the 1st gig at the country club. I would've preferred to be set up at the end of the room, but they wanted me against the wall. The room was quite long...but with the way they wanted me to set up, there was maybe 50 ft from the wall behind to the opposing wall. (Still, a million times better than at the retirement community!) This room also had pretty high ceilings.

Once I adjusted the rig back to my original set up using the yamaha box amp, running into channels 1/2...it sounded like heaven!

That said, I do hear a difference in my Tyros 2, but mainly in the upper octaves. It sounds thinner and tinkier than I'm used to. That should be improved upon with some attention the the eq's on its channel fomr the boxamp.

I was also hearing things differently and more clearly from the Tyros 2. I could swear I was noticing more subtle parts I'd been missing with the old conventional PA I used...

All in all, Day one was both a learning experience and a success in some of the most sub-optimal conditions I ever work in...

Life is good!

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 12-14-2008).]

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 12-14-2008).]