Ok, I'm finally ready to take the plunge and purchase a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) recorder as a Christmas present to myself.

I need a high quality sounding 24 bit recorder (which also includes an integrated CD burner), but I only require 4-8 simultaneous record inputs. Second only to exceptional audio, I require a unit which is 'user friendly', and also includes an easy to navigate LCD display screen.

My primary use will be for recording my 'live' vocal/Tyros keyboard performances for both demo & commercial CDs. I want the ability to utilize the DAW for the 'entire' production process: from inital recording, to burning the completed CD, but would also like the option of importing DAW tracks to: Soundforge, Cool Edit, or Sonar for post production work, if desired.

I'm looking for a DAW under $1,500. I'm leaning towards the Yamaha AW16G, but curious how long the AW16G has been out now, and if/when another model replacing it real soon (say within the next month or so).

I'm also curious how the AW16G's features and its 'ease of use' compares to similarly priced DAW's offered by: Zoom, Roland, and Korg and others.

Thanks to all for your valued input.

Scott