SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#282601 - 03/03/10 11:33 AM Ketron Audya My Slant
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi All,

I would like to clear up a matter of the Audya for once and for all. I have never ever said that the sounds or styles are anything but brilliant on the Audya and likewise the same goes for the PA2x. If you trawl back through my threads this is what you will find. The problem I have is I cannot find any significant difference and this must be borne out by the fact some other on SZ love PA2x and some love Audya, take away all the 2 x players, USB1 or 2 touch screen, close your eyes play both and yes there are difference in sounds tones etc there will be. My problem and will say it till blue in the face is where is the price difference. No one as yet come up with an answer. Could we open a sensible debate on where you think it is, I am lost and it is a lot of money. If someone was just to step up and say yes it is worth the extra £1700.00 they know why, they are the experts on this, now’s your chance. If I could see some gold plating on the Audya I would understand. I have the two side by side, please explain it away if you can!

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#282602 - 03/03/10 11:48 AM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
#1. Korg is a much bigger company vs. Ketron.

#2. The PA2X is based off of the previous PA1X keyboard. There is zero physical difference between the two. The same metal case to make a PA2X is the same as PA1X. This cuts down on cost. Korg's technology is basically carried over from previous technology.

#3. Audya is a completely new development of their arranger product. Ketron being a small company incurs a higher cost of development.
If the made a SD2plsu to replace the SD1, than the cost would be cheaper.

#4. When the Audya was launched and introduced, it came at a time when the US Dollar and Euro was weak and probably is still weak.

#5.The keyboards do not sound the same.
For the people who choose Audya over Korg the price is not as objective. They'll pay more for the product that they feel is going to make them sound better.

#282603 - 03/03/10 12:05 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
#1. Korg is a much bigger company vs. Ketron.

#2. The PA2X is based off of the previous PA1X keyboard. There is zero physical difference between the two. The same metal case to make a PA2X is the same as PA1X. This cuts down on cost. Korg's technology is basically carried over from previous technology.

#3. Audya is a completely new development of their arranger product. Ketron being a small company incurs a higher cost of development.
If the made a SD2plsu to replace the SD1, than the cost would be cheaper.

#4. When the Audya was launched and introduced, it came at a time when the US Dollar and Euro was weak and probably is still weak.

#5.The keyboards do not sound the same.
For the people who choose Audya over Korg the price is not as objective. They'll pay more for the product that they feel is going to make them sound better.

Thanks for that, I wonder if the price of the Audya and Pa2x was the same what would happen, would people flock to buy Audya. Dan01 the cost of the Audya is almost twice as much as Pa2x, does what you have implied cover that, what about predictable number to be sold, that may come into the Ketron way of thinking also. I am not so certain it is so simple, maybe I am wrong, if ketron are just trying it on it's a big risk to take. Time will tell!

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#282604 - 03/03/10 12:27 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
This make me wonder:

Since PA2X Pro, Tyros3, Audya or whatever arranger keyboard you want to buy cost
almost twice as much here in Norway as in other countries, are they twice as good
as the ones you buy other places in the world?

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#282605 - 03/03/10 12:43 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I think Dan O1 is right. Just about anything made in Europe will cost more than a product made in Asia.

From what I've heard the styles on the Auyada completely trump those of any other arranger. The sounds don't. If the most realistic styles available to you matter, yes it's woth the extra dough. I'd love to have one. For now I can only dream.

[This message has been edited by montunoman (edited 03-03-2010).]

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#282606 - 03/03/10 12:54 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
leezone Offline

i will wait for my Ketron Module
it will have everything i need :-)
one can dream...

#282607 - 03/03/10 01:14 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I agree 100% with Dan01, also if was to spend $3699 for the pa2x, I rather just put in the difference for the Audya, why? you ask? Simply because I find that the styles & sounds on the audya are just that much better than the Korg, hands down by far! so you ask again why? it all comes down to people's wants and tastes and what they are willing to pay for a product.

#282608 - 03/03/10 02:11 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
How on earth can anybody quantify the exact monetary difference between a PA2x and an Audya? To even ask is patently dumb (IMO - and the rest of the world's). Nor are the members of SZ obligated to justify for you why you paid L1700.00 more for the Ketron. As far as we're concerned, you paid the asking price because you wanted it. If you feel you were duped by the salesperson, then you should be griping to him, not us. Maybe he can tell you where the 1700.00 went (hopefully, in his pocket). Perfecting the English a bit does not change the fact that this is still just another 'bitch' thread against Ketron. For the entire time that I have been on SZ, I have yet to hear anyone complain about what they paid for a Keyboard. If you couldn't afford it, you shouldn't have bought it in the first place. Caveat emptor.

chas

#282609 - 03/03/10 03:19 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Everyone knows my issues with the Audya. But I have said, since the first factory demos I heard, that this arranger breaks new ground in realism and live-ness of sound. However, that realism comes at a price (literally!)

Audio styles really ARE 'real'. You can't GET any more real than that!

The price you pay, though, is that the technology to play them is far greater than what is needed for a MIDI style, they can't be edited in any way (at least the audio parts), and that they are VERY expensive, by comparison to MIDI styles, to produce. Ketron have their loyal fan base, with a strong emphasis on Latin musics, and here you will find the Audya to be head and shoulders above the rest.

But EACH arranger has its' own areas of strength and weakness in the styles made for them. Korg excel at smooth jazz. Yamaha have got guitar driven styles down cold. I like Roland's rock stuff and ballads, Technics had the bigband thing nailed...

And, in all fairness, I think a LOT of each of our personal preferences and choices with our arrangers boils down in a very large part due to this. What kind of music do we like (or need to perform) best? What arranger's ROM styles is the best at that particular music..? I bet 75%+ of us make our purchasing decision with that as the primary reason, even if we don't KNOW that's what's pushing us in that direction...

So.... to compare one arranger to another is kind of futile. Each of them has something that makes them stand out head and shoulders above the rest. And NONE of them have ALL the bases covered.

If I were in Tony's shoes, despite the ups and downs (were there any ups? ) of the last few months, I would still consider myself lucky to have what is pretty unarguably one of the most live sounding, vibrantly styled arrangers available. And I would be VERY hard pressed to make a decision between it and a Korg (those three paltry fills is still a major strike against it, IMO). But it appears you still have BOTH. What is the problem? I would DIE to have both of those in my studio! They are sufficiently different to not be redundant, IMO.

In a world of hunger, some sit at a table groaning with food, and complain that their favorite dish is missing...

#282610 - 03/03/10 03:20 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Chas...forget this topic..

Did you get the 1204's?

Well, what do you think?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online