SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#139266 - 09/16/07 05:12 PM How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I believe Synthzone has lost the attraction of being a place where arranger players can come together to discuss the art & techniques of arranger keyboard "MUSIC MAKING", of which includes members sharing & discussing their arranger produced music.

When I attend a live performance or listen to a CD, I rarely ever say I don't like the performance because the music was recorded on an "X" keyboard/guitar vs "Y" keyboard/guitar. I instead focus the artistry of the performer, and might comment on their playing technique and/or artistic expression, but usually never get on about the brand/model of the instrument played. The instrument (in this case) arranger keyboard is mostly made of plastic & silcon chips. The heart and soul of music comes from the artist.

Though I'm encouraged by some recent increased member interest in posting their music, I've also noticed that the thread replies quickly turned from comments 'about the music itself, to discussion about the keyboard's missing feature(s) or something else nothing to do with the actual music, giving the person who posted their song(s) the feeling of wondering why they posted their music in the first place.

That said, though I'm of course interested in learning about the latest keyboards & features available, my primary reason for visiting SZ is to exchange arr playing tips & tricks, and share, listen to & comment on fellow members arranger keyboard produced music, in an attempt to 'mutually' learn & develop as arranger keyboard musicians.

I'm really interested now to hear what other member's interests and goals here are.

Scott

#139267 - 09/16/07 05:54 PM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
I CAME (originally) for candid user reviews of various boards so I can get some first hand opinions on my possible future choices.

I STAYED for the sheer entertainment & drama of the personal insults....

(just kiddin about that last one.......kinda)

I actually stay for any tips/education I can get pretty much...

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#139268 - 09/16/07 06:16 PM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Hey, it is what it is; it's a free board open to everyone. There are a lot of great people and information here. The chemistry of the personalities is so unique that it is strangely attractive. It's like participating in a soap opera. I love it.

As long as one can wade through all the bullsh*t, this is still a great repository of info on all arrangers.

Where else can one proclaim himself as a legend and have the memberss believe him? The mind is a terrible thing; to waste

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 09-16-2007).]

#139269 - 09/17/07 01:52 AM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
As long as one can wade through all the bullsh*t, this is still a great repository of info on all arrangers.

Thx, Cassp. That saves ME from getting my feet...uh...dirty. But you're right!

Scott, since you're a member of about every arranger keyboard forum on the internet, why so particular about trying to change the one that seems to trouble you the most? Surely there must be at least ONE forum that caters to your wishes, wants and needs?

Nothing stops any member from posting playing techniques and such so...

Taike

#139270 - 09/17/07 03:02 AM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Hey you guys can talk about whatever you want as long as it doesn't turn into ranting arguments. You decide the course of the discussions yourselves. There are no rules limiting you.

#139271 - 09/17/07 04:05 AM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I agree with Cassp...as long as you can wade through the muck, there are a few gems to be found.

There are some very learned posters on SZ...their information is invaluable...and I am grateful for what they have passed on to me.

Of course, as Cassp has alluded, there are a few "legend in my own mind" members, but they are more entertaining than harmful.

I feel that Scott's vision for SZ becoming "a place where arranger players can come together to discuss the art & techniques of arranger keyboard "MUSIC MAKING", of which includes members sharing & discussing their arranger produced music" is, unfortunately, just a vision, albeit a wonderful one.

Maybe it'll change...hopefully it will change...but for now, I'll continue to enjoy SZ for what it is...informative most of the time, and entertaining all of the time.

Ian

#139272 - 09/17/07 04:27 AM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
This place is MAGIC.
It's just like "life" - sometimes pretty, sometimes difficult...always special.

#139273 - 09/17/07 04:45 AM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
Dnj Offline

Oh Boy, I need a diesel shot of Patrone`

#139274 - 09/17/07 05:20 AM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Donny, liquor has never solved any of life's problems...but then again, neither has milk.

Bottoms up!

#139275 - 09/17/07 05:25 AM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
Dnj Offline

Salute`

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online