For those of you who like to sequence your songs I thought I would pass along a tip as to how I use the Rhythm Patterns to save me a lot of extra track recording.

Before I start sequencing a song, I review my inventory of Styles that I feel would fit the song that I am going to sequence.

I then fill up Memory A, B, and C with what I feel is the best selection of Styles for the song (this gives a total of 12 individual selections – 3 Memory Banks x 4 variations each). In many cases I will only use 1 or 2 variations from each Style selected in order to give me a better overall a varied selection of Memory Rhythms.

Of course, I also use the applicable standard Rhythms available on the keyboard.

I like to have all my potential Rhythms ready to use and installed in the Memory Banks before I start the actual job of sequencing the song.

Using the Panel Memory buttons, I change rhythms frequently during the song in order to get a better fit on the background sounds, which can save me the need to record extra passages via track recording. I might sometimes change rhythms/variations every bar or so to accomplish this. In most cases I will change the rhythm selection when I change the lead instrument. Sometimes I will add in a Fill-In routine if it fits the arrangement. I have even at times used a Fill-In during the last measure of the song for a certain effect.

I might even change Rhythm selection twice in a two-bar passage in order to get the use of two different back to back Fill-Ins for my desired effect.

Just thought I would pass along this info for whatever use you might find for it.

Happy Sequencing!

Larry Gosmeyer

[This message has been edited by larry gosmeyer (edited 09-03-2004).]