Sequencing.

Setting up to sequence an 8 bar passage is done in Real Time Recording, by setting the specific start and stop measures to record for a specific part number (1,2 or 8 thru 16) and including technic chord if desired.

This way, I can record the passage, clear it if necessary (if not satisfied with the result) and keep recording the passage until I am satisfied.

Then, I will change to a different part for the same 8 bar passage (for example, if I want to add saxes to a lead trumpet ) and record that addition (technic chord or not depending) and go until that part is satisfactory to me.

Usually I will record up to 3 to five recordings in the same 8 bar passage to finish the complete ensemble. When finished I will go on to the next 8-16 bar passage.

Very important - I will then save the song into a Develop Folder in order to be able to return to this saved (partial) version if needed.

My time restrictions only permit me to work for several minutes at a time, so, in this way I can stop at any time and return to where I leave off, until the song is completed.

I have 6 Develop folders to use for the song development back up. I usually only use 3 or 4 of these for each song. When the song is complete and part of my complete folders, I then erase the Develop Folders so that they will be empty to use for the next song that I want to sequence. I empty these with an empty floppy to use with "Disk Copy function.

All this saves me time and allows me to progress step by step until the song is complete. Then I perform the final reviews so see if I need to do any further editing.

Hope this helps.

Larry G