Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#99472 - 12/14/06 06:36 AM Re: Semilive in hospital
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Bill: Have they exporled the possibility that you have having problems with something called "Syncopy" (Syncope)not sure of the spelling.

Thanks, Stephen... the value of a forum! I read the article and that is worth nothing. (EDIT: I meant "worth NOTING!")

Here is a syncope article .

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 12-14-2006).]

#99473 - 12/14/06 07:33 AM Re: Semilive in hospital
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You mean "worth noting"?
DonM

#99474 - 12/14/06 08:17 AM Re: Semilive in hospital
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
You mean "worth noting"?
DonM

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! Wow, that is how somebody can really screw up typing, isn't it! So sorry! I will fix it!

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com

#99475 - 12/14/06 08:57 AM Re: Semilive in hospital
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Bill....so very glad that you survived all the tests and pacemaker....you had us worried.....I thought about calling but decided against it thinking you needed the rest more than you needed me bothering you..
Question, do you ever go on coughing jags and feel as if you are spinning or fainting
or short of breath??? This has happened to me and the doctors said that it was from the lack of blood going to my brain because of coughing so hard....now I have asthma and
bronchitis...just maybe they are looking in the wrong places......glad you are back with us....Merry Christmas....
TR

[This message has been edited by Tony Rome (edited 12-14-2006).]

#99476 - 12/14/06 10:36 AM Re: Semilive in hospital
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Bill, glad to hear things are going well so far. Hope your remaining concerns turn out to be minor. I went through a similar set of tests about 2-3 weeks ago and wasn't quite so lucky. Partial blockage. Being treated with medication but have to walk around with a bottle of nitro tabs (just in case). Oh well. Get well, man.

chas

#99477 - 12/14/06 10:53 AM Re: Semilive in hospital
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Bill, glad to hear things are going well so far. Hope your remaining concerns turn out to be minor. I went through a similar set of tests about 2-3 weeks ago and wasn't quite so lucky. Partial blockage. Being treated with medication but have to walk around with a bottle of nitro tabs (just in case). Oh well. Get well, man. chas

Thanks, Chas, you take care too! I don't know if this is a fit for you but I write this only to possible help you.

Back in 1995, the book Protein Power by the Drs. Eades was released. Up until that point, I was a health nut, eating a very low-fat diet. Even vegetarian. I experimented with different plans due to a terrible family history.

I tried the PP plan and just like the book predicted, my chol profile was the best it had ever been! I was SHOCKED. As I look back, I have wondered why I did not stick long-term. My only explanation is my dad dies and it threw me for a loop.

In January, I had chest pain and went to ER. Tests showed blockage. A stent was placed. Next six months, I did terrific. Then, in August through October of this year, pains returned. Blood pressure went up. I was 100% positive that blockage had returned.

I deduced that low-fat was not working. I remembered the book and re-read it. I went on the plan. Within one month, the pains were gone. (The current situaion is different... fainting.) Also, just last Wednesday, a doc visit confirmed that my chol profile was FANTASTIC on this low-carb diet.

So, it's something you could consider reading. There are several plans. Atkins, Protein Power, South Beach Diet, others. I, personally, like Protein Power or a mix of it with some of the thinking in South Beach Diet. To each his own, but the point is, low-fat may not be all it is cracked up to be. And low-carb, to me, is FAR easier to stick to.

Good luck to you. And if you have any chest pain, pop a nitro. Don't hesitate, it won't hurt you. If it doesn't help, they told me take up to three, spacing them out five to ten minutes between. If after three, no relief, call 911. Is that what you were told!

P.S. What do I know... consider the source, haha!

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com

#99478 - 12/14/06 08:39 PM Re: Semilive in hospital
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Bill ... glad to have you back ... Stay well ...
t.

#99479 - 12/15/06 03:37 AM Re: Semilive in hospital
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Bill, thanks for the info. I'm picking up a copy from Amazon.com this morning. Your information should be good for a lot of us here on this board (aka the ol' folks home ). Again, get well and try to keep stress out of your life. I'll try to help by not posting any threads with questionable titles .

chas

#99480 - 12/15/06 08:39 AM Re: Semilive in hospital
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Glad you're home, and glad I reached you last week on the phone. Sorry this is late, but I lost my password last week and Nigel just now fixed me up. (Thanks, Don, too!)

Get well...you're important to a lot of people, including us!

Russ

#99481 - 12/15/06 08:51 AM Re: Semilive in hospital
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Glad you're home, and glad I reached you last week on the phone. Sorry this is late, but I lost my password last week and Nigel just now fixed me up. (Thanks, Don, too!) Get well...you're important to a lot of people, including us! Russ

OH MY GAWD... thanks for posting this, Russ! I was kind of loopy when you called me and I thought you were another Russ! I remember thinking, "I thought Russ lived in California!" Haha, wrong guy. Thanks again, Russ! It's coming back to me now, haha.

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online