Semilive in hospital

Posted by: DonM

Semilive in hospital - 12/11/06 06:35 AM

Bill {Semilive Music) is in LSU Medical Center in Shreveport. He has had several heart problems in the past, and in the past couple of days experienced at least three occasions where he passed out.
He is alert and in no distress but the doctors are considering a pacemaker.
Gary Diamond, maybe you could give him a call and ease his trepidations about the procedure if it is necessary?
The number is : (318) 675-6739.
I know HankB, Rice, Scott and others have become friends with Bill and will want to know.
I will be out of town until tomorrow.
DonM
Posted by: Tony Rome

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/11/06 10:05 AM

Don....when you talk to him or see him again
please give him my best wishes......
TR
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/11/06 11:46 AM

I just returned to the office and will give him a call right away. I just returned from seeing two doctors about a prolem involving three fingers of my right hand. Thus far, no one has come up with a good diagnosis of why the skin keeps sloughing from the tips of three fingers. This getting old stuff ain't fer whimps.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/11/06 11:57 AM

Don....tell him I hope all goes well and he gets better real soon....& home for the Holidays !!
Posted by: Bill in Dayton

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/11/06 12:25 PM

Please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery from Dayton

Bill
Posted by: GlennT

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/11/06 01:32 PM

Here's also some prayers and hoping all goes well for Bill.

Glenn

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/11/06 05:04 PM

Just talked with Bill on the phone, his condition is not unusual, and tomorrow he will undergo cardiac catherization and possibly the implantation of a pacemaker to increase and stabilize his heart rate. He's in reasonably good spirits, and naturally a bit apprehensive about the upcoming procedures. I'll keep you posted about his progress.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/11/06 06:03 PM

Our prayers are with him .....
t.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/12/06 12:12 AM

Give Bill all the best from me. My prayers are with him and we all look forward to him being back on the forum as soon as he is able to.

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/12/06 02:45 PM

Just talked with Bill again in the hospital. He had an echo-cardiogram and stress test, both of which came out perfect. The doc said he still was not satisfied and did a cardiac catherization, which also came out perfect. The doc believes Bill's problem may have been caused by a drug conflict, changed his medications and from all outward appearances things are turning around. He hope to be out of the hospital in the next few days, and may be back to work in a week or so.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy
Posted by: ViLo

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/12/06 06:41 PM

Bill GEt well SOON!!!!

------------------
www.tagworld.com/vicentelopez

HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY! smile
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/12/06 08:22 PM

Gary thanx for the update ....I hope everything goes well for him.
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/13/06 10:12 AM

Don,

Bill was at the Jam right? Wish his well for me please.

Tom

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/13/06 10:18 AM

Yes, Bill is the tall guy playing rhythm guitar.
I just talked to him and he is going home later today. He will wear a heart monitor for two days.
They didn't find anything wrong with his heart, and suspect it was reaction to medicine, but they aren't sure.
DonM
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/13/06 07:01 PM

Don,

Give him my best wishes. He was helping me out on chord changes at the jam when we were playing songs I didn't know.

Tom
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/13/06 07:16 PM

Also...best wishes to Bill for a speedy recovery from a Florida member.
Eddie
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/14/06 04:51 AM

Bill, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Glad to hear it was probably a reaction to medication.
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/14/06 05:39 AM

Best wishes Bill !
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/14/06 05:48 AM

Yippee, I got home last night! Still grubby as a mountaineer. Haven't had a bath since Saturday. Yuck. I still can't clean up other than a sponge bath because of this Holter monitor. But tonight, I'll get slick! I turn it in tonight.

Thanks to everyone, I appreciate it. And phone calls. Even our friend living in exile now, ScottYee, called me several times!

Bottom line is that they do not know what happened. The good news is that my arteries are in good shape. The aches and pains of August - November are a big mystery. I would have bet one million dollars it was blockage. Docs agreed it seemed like a dead giveaway but when I aced the stress test, they were surprised. Cath procedure confirmed arteries clear. Cholesterol was 140! Other blood lipids excellent. Echocardiogram showed good pumping efficiency.

The passing out and near-passing-out episodes are another mystery. That is now the worry.

I am not convinced at all that all is well; I think something is definitely askew but it's certainly a head-scratcher and I won't bore you with any more details. But if I had to guess, I think something else will show up again. I just hope it is not brain-related. I'm dumb enough as it is.

They do not know if it was meds conflict or not. In fact, they put me back on what I was on before!

Thanks again!

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/14/06 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:

Bottom line is that they do not know what happened. The good news is that my arteries are in good shape. The aches and pains of August - November are a big mystery. I would have bet one million dollars it was blockage.

The passing out and near-passing-out episodes are another mystery. That is now the worry.

I am not convinced at all that all is well; I think something is definitely askew but it's certainly a head-scratcher and I won't bore you with any more details. But if I had to guess, I think something else will show up again. I just hope it is not brain-related. I'm dumb enough as it is.

They do not know if it was meds conflict or not. In fact, they put me back on what I was on before!

Thanks again!

Bill:

Have they exporled the possibility that you have having problems with something called "Syncopy" (Syncope)not sure of the spelling. ( it has nothing to do with syncopation in music ). A couple of years ago my mother experienced similar symptoms passing out for no reason. Turns out it was what they called syncopy. I don't remember all the details, But, from what I remember is there is a sudden rise in blood pressure while the heart rate drops when this happens the person passes out briefly. There is a test avaliable in some hosptials called the "tilt table test" This test simulates the sudden rise in blood pressure and drop in heart rate. You may want to mention this to your doctor. Good luck.

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/14/06 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Bill: Have they exporled the possibility that you have having problems with something called "Syncopy" (Syncope)not sure of the spelling.

Thanks, Stephen... the value of a forum! I read the article and that is worth nothing. (EDIT: I meant "worth NOTING!")

Here is a syncope article .

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 12-14-2006).]

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/14/06 07:33 AM

You mean "worth noting"?
DonM

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/14/06 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
You mean "worth noting"?
DonM

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! Wow, that is how somebody can really screw up typing, isn't it! So sorry! I will fix it!

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com
Posted by: Tony Rome

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/14/06 08:57 AM

Bill....so very glad that you survived all the tests and pacemaker....you had us worried.....I thought about calling but decided against it thinking you needed the rest more than you needed me bothering you..
Question, do you ever go on coughing jags and feel as if you are spinning or fainting
or short of breath??? This has happened to me and the doctors said that it was from the lack of blood going to my brain because of coughing so hard....now I have asthma and
bronchitis...just maybe they are looking in the wrong places......glad you are back with us....Merry Christmas....
TR

[This message has been edited by Tony Rome (edited 12-14-2006).]
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/14/06 10:36 AM

Bill, glad to hear things are going well so far. Hope your remaining concerns turn out to be minor. I went through a similar set of tests about 2-3 weeks ago and wasn't quite so lucky. Partial blockage. Being treated with medication but have to walk around with a bottle of nitro tabs (just in case). Oh well. Get well, man.

chas

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/14/06 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Bill, glad to hear things are going well so far. Hope your remaining concerns turn out to be minor. I went through a similar set of tests about 2-3 weeks ago and wasn't quite so lucky. Partial blockage. Being treated with medication but have to walk around with a bottle of nitro tabs (just in case). Oh well. Get well, man. chas

Thanks, Chas, you take care too! I don't know if this is a fit for you but I write this only to possible help you.

Back in 1995, the book Protein Power by the Drs. Eades was released. Up until that point, I was a health nut, eating a very low-fat diet. Even vegetarian. I experimented with different plans due to a terrible family history.

I tried the PP plan and just like the book predicted, my chol profile was the best it had ever been! I was SHOCKED. As I look back, I have wondered why I did not stick long-term. My only explanation is my dad dies and it threw me for a loop.

In January, I had chest pain and went to ER. Tests showed blockage. A stent was placed. Next six months, I did terrific. Then, in August through October of this year, pains returned. Blood pressure went up. I was 100% positive that blockage had returned.

I deduced that low-fat was not working. I remembered the book and re-read it. I went on the plan. Within one month, the pains were gone. (The current situaion is different... fainting.) Also, just last Wednesday, a doc visit confirmed that my chol profile was FANTASTIC on this low-carb diet.

So, it's something you could consider reading. There are several plans. Atkins, Protein Power, South Beach Diet, others. I, personally, like Protein Power or a mix of it with some of the thinking in South Beach Diet. To each his own, but the point is, low-fat may not be all it is cracked up to be. And low-carb, to me, is FAR easier to stick to.

Good luck to you. And if you have any chest pain, pop a nitro. Don't hesitate, it won't hurt you. If it doesn't help, they told me take up to three, spacing them out five to ten minutes between. If after three, no relief, call 911. Is that what you were told!

P.S. What do I know... consider the source, haha!

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/14/06 08:39 PM

Bill ... glad to have you back ... Stay well ...
t.
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/15/06 03:37 AM

Bill, thanks for the info. I'm picking up a copy from Amazon.com this morning. Your information should be good for a lot of us here on this board (aka the ol' folks home ). Again, get well and try to keep stress out of your life. I'll try to help by not posting any threads with questionable titles .

chas
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/15/06 08:39 AM

Glad you're home, and glad I reached you last week on the phone. Sorry this is late, but I lost my password last week and Nigel just now fixed me up. (Thanks, Don, too!)

Get well...you're important to a lot of people, including us!

Russ

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/15/06 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Glad you're home, and glad I reached you last week on the phone. Sorry this is late, but I lost my password last week and Nigel just now fixed me up. (Thanks, Don, too!) Get well...you're important to a lot of people, including us! Russ

OH MY GAWD... thanks for posting this, Russ! I was kind of loopy when you called me and I thought you were another Russ! I remember thinking, "I thought Russ lived in California!" Haha, wrong guy. Thanks again, Russ! It's coming back to me now, haha.

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com
Posted by: brickboo

Re: Semilive in hospital - 12/16/06 08:44 PM

Bill I wish you well friend. I sure hope to see you again when I come down to La.

I wish someone would email me about Scott. What's going on?
I hadn't been on the net in quite a while. Trying to keep up with and help my youngest son. He's 28 and been through a rough time.
Boo