SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 >
Topic Options
#99143 - 03/13/06 12:27 PM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Who will win? No way of guessing what America will do. Who SHOULD win? Depends....if it were a pure singing contest, Mandisa would win; if it's a "total package" contest, McPhee would win; if it's a "best commercial potential" contest, McPhee in the pop market, and Pickler in the country market; if it's a "most annoying" contest, Paris would win but would have been a distant second to Brenna, had she stayed in the contest...one big difference, of course, Paris can actually sing. For those of you who are Taylor Hicks fans, all I can say is, stop comparing this guy to Joe Cocker. Forget the mannerisms. Joe Cocker was the real thing, the genuine article. Those that can't tell the difference just flat out don't know SOUL when they hear it. BTW, the young lady from Tampa with the smokey voice; she's better than Simon gives her credit for. To say that the rest of the contestants are (even close to) the best young talents in the country is downright laughable. Just my not-so-humble opinion.

Peace,

chas

#99144 - 03/13/06 04:31 PM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
Dnj Offline

I guess we'll have to wait & see what "AMERICA" decides in a few weeks

#99145 - 03/13/06 06:46 PM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
Dnj Offline

#99146 - 03/15/06 04:55 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
Dnj Offline

Awesome show last night .....Stevie Wonder is so kool ! THose kids were in shock when he walked into the session.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-15-2006).]

#99147 - 03/15/06 04:56 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
Dnj Offline

Paris is definity in the final mix now!!

#99148 - 03/15/06 05:22 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-09-2006).]

After last night's performances, which were all outstanding, the above are the two finalist--no doubt in my mind! She really hit it last night and the song was just awesome. Her vocal training and talent obviously had a tremendous impact in this stunning performance.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 03-15-2006).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#99149 - 03/15/06 05:58 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Gary, wow, do I disagree with you that all the performances were outstanding. To me, several were but not all. Like the Ace guy. That was terrible. He'll be out soon. And the effeminate guy. Kevin? He's only in there because he's so dorky, it makes people talk about the show. Although, he has a good singing voice, I don't see how it can be seen as in any way commercial for popular music.

Final four (if there is a final four): McPhee the brunette, the dumb blonde, the grey-haired guy and the bald rock singer.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#99150 - 03/15/06 07:02 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... As Simon said, it seemed like there were two competitions last night ... pretty much the first and second half of the show ...
In agreement with SemiLive (but perhaps a little more 'politically correct ), I think the finalists will come down to Katherine, Kellie (although last night was NOT one of her better performances), Taylor, and Chris (do ALL 'rockers' have to carry the mic stand around ?!?!?), with Paris and Mandisa hanging around for a while ... I would not be surprised if the last couple of weeks were all female ...
Last night Lisa Tucker reminded me of Natalie Cole ...
... but it's fun ... for us at least ... Man, I don't know if I would want to perform a Stevie song in front of him ... One night when I was working steady at this nice Italian restaurant in RI I walked in and Jerry Vale was sitting there having dinner with his family ... MAN, did I feel PRESSURE !!! ... especially when he took his grandson into the piano lounge area to 'listen to the music' ... I tried to avoid singing Italian songs that he had recorded and then I realized that was impossible ... He was complimentary as he left, though ...
t.

#99151 - 03/15/06 07:51 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Jerry Vale... He was complimentary as he left, though.

Good for you!

As for them making them all do Stevie Wonder songs, wow, that's a bit, uh, hmmm... I dunno about the wisdom of that. One thing though, it proves how good Stevie Wonder can sing! He also has complicated arrangements.

SW was signed to Motown at age 10? Wow. BTW, he seemed like he had trouble speaking, like he was coming off a cold.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#99152 - 03/15/06 08:07 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The Stevie material was a little unfair...I would not want to judge[vote out]anyone, that did not perform the Wonder songs[great]..Talk about being miscasted..Some of the contestants never heard the songs[Kellie as an example]..Let me hear Stevie do a country song[you get my thoughts]..
It is a shame that someone has to be voted off because of this show[Tues nite]..
Hicks has become my front runner for the guys...Ace has the look , but he is not growing as a performer[he has to step it up, or else]..
Tucker, is coming on for the girls, but I still think people can relate more with Kellie...hopefully the next music style will be more to her choosing, and a few of the other people..

Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online