SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#98137 - 02/25/05 12:54 PM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
BlkNotes Offline

Dear GrahamUK;

Can I ask which speaker company you worked for?

Regards;
BN

#98138 - 02/25/05 01:06 PM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
BlkNotes Offline

SqueakD;

I agree with you about the Alesis Fusion and its impressive Cost to performance ratio, but there is just one problem. It does not have any arranger capabilites. If it did, Yammie would be losing market share of its Tyros & Psr 3000. A move by Alesis like that would shame Yammie & make them really buckle down in order to complete. I think the competition would cause the Brand companies (Yam,Korg,Roland Ketron etc..)to give the public a much better performance to price ratio. Or else they would fail.

PS--the Tyros 2 is slatted to be more expensive then the original tyros by a noticibly margin.

Regards;
BN

#98139 - 02/25/05 01:15 PM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
....Someone probably snuck a camea into this place and snapped pics of the new Tyros.

More than just a camera...Looks like somebody was taking movies. And he/she was in the first row.

-mike

PS. I hope I'm okay posting that. Can't imagine anybody taking the time to copyright that exact image.(?)

#98140 - 02/25/05 01:22 PM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
grandpa tom Offline

Loc: Prescott, WI, USA
As I read some of the comments of frustration over Yamaha, it brings to mind a comment made a number of years ago by a former chairman of GM -- to wit: "GM is not in business to make cars, we are in business to make money". I think Grahm UK hits it on the head, you bring out the great expensive stuff and sell a few and then sell a lot of the cheaper product.

Tom

#98141 - 02/25/05 01:49 PM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
BlkNotes Offline

Dear MSutliff;

This is to inform you that I am sueing you for copyright infringement. Because that hand in the picture belongs to me!!!! My appendages are copyrighted and insured. For I am a Pomolive hand model. I would like the sum of $1,000,000 in unmarked bills, so I can make a prototype, of the best arranger Keyboard on the market. I will call it either the Tyros Eater , or the Decahedron-subtitled as, "I have more angles then the tyros 2" or possibly the Tynomore-Pa1xG-70 mark SD1, of course only in avaliable in the 61 note version. Because why would anyone need more then 61 keys!!!

PS --ok I thought about it and concede. I will also make the much improved 76 note Tyros III accordian.

Regards;
BN

#98142 - 02/25/05 01:59 PM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by BlkNotes:

Dear MSutliff;

This is to inform you that I am sueing you for copyright infringement. Because that hand in the picture belongs to me!!!! My appendages are copyrighted and insured. For I am a Pomolive hand model. I would like the sum of $1,000,000 in unmarked bills, so I can make a prototype, of the best arranger Keyboard on the market. I will call it either the Tyros Eater , or the Decahedron-subtitled as, "I have more angles then the tyros 2" or possibly the Tynomore-Pa1xG-70 mark SD1, of course only in avaliable in the 61 note version. Because why would anyone need more then 61 keys!!!

PS --ok I thought about it and concede. I will also make the much improved 76 note Tyros III accordian.

Regards;
BN

HAHAHA!!! OMG That is hilarious!

Phil

#98143 - 02/25/05 10:23 PM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
BlkNotes. To answer your question...which speaker company did I work with here in the UK.

4 in total. IMF \ Mordaunt Short \ TDL & Rogers. I was with Mordaunt Short for the longest and retired as UK Sales Director. I was encouraged to come out of early retirement to work with TDL and then Rogers for a period of time.

#98144 - 02/26/05 06:01 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
Beakybird Offline

Squeak, I think Casio gives you the most for your money in that price range. Since Casio doesn't only sell their keyboard to music stores, but to Sam's Club, Best Buy, etc. they are able to sell a very inexpensive instrument. These keyboards are mass produced in China by the gazillions.

I hope that Yamaha can learn a thing or two from Casio in regards to features.

People aren't mentioning styles in this argument. I would imagine that a lot of money goes into creating new styles. If the Tyros 2 has 150 new styles, I imagine that Yamaha had to hire a lot of studio musicians and paid a producer and engineer to create these. Maybe one reason that the arrangers don't appear to give you as much for the money has to do with the price of creating quality styles - and some of the Yamaha styles are exquisite. I use some styles from other keyboards - like Roland, Korg, Technics - but the Yamaha styles really wow my audiences, and the production quality seems to be at a higher level IMO.

I am quite confident that the Tyros 2 will not disappoint. Of course, those who want 76 keys, a 1 gig megapiano, all the sequencing capabilities of Cakewalk, and onboard speakers will not be happy, but those who want to put on a great show with no quirks or record song ideas onto their computer will be quite happy.

Beakybird

#98145 - 02/26/05 07:18 PM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tigerfool:
Sorry Everybody, the post was taken off as per Yamaha request.

I'm curious, so who who did they contact to remove the thread ??

#98146 - 02/26/05 07:40 PM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Good Question Nigel...I thought only you had the power to completly remove a thread, or does the complete thread get deleted when the topic starter deletes the original topic?
Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online