What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?

Posted by: ulrich

What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/24/05 02:04 PM

Just wondering...

/Ulrich
Posted by: Impuls

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/24/05 02:13 PM

Gone ???????????
Sensored ??

Arno
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/24/05 03:16 PM

Hmmm...

Oh well, then I have to repeat myself:
Hi Arno, nice to see you
GJ
Posted by: tigerfool

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/24/05 03:21 PM

Sorry Everybody, the post was taken off as per Yamaha request.

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/24/05 03:25 PM

Oh, did'nt they like the new Tyros at Yamaha?
GJ
Posted by: Pennywizz6

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/24/05 04:10 PM

Hey thats cool... Yammy is reading this forum... that must mean they are reading our ideas...

Greetings Yamaha! From,

Phil
Posted by: BlkNotes

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/24/05 08:27 PM

Yes, I also wondered what happened to the post.

Tigerfool;

What do you mean Yamaha told you to take it off?? Last time I looked this was a free country. What was the problem?? Did they threaten you?

Regards;
SCP

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/24/05 08:48 PM

Well, thanks for your concern. Maybe we just stop discussing this problem here. I can be reached at tigerfool_at_gmail.com if you have more concerns. Thanks blknotes.
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/24/05 11:50 PM

Well,
at least now we know that IT WAS actually a picture of the new Tyros 2....
Jim (The Pro) published the same picture on Harmony Central and the following day the picture was deleted due to a Yamaha request, based on a "non desclosure agreement" that exists between manufacturers and places like that one.
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/24/05 11:52 PM

BTW, I liked the shape more than the present Tyros': the rounded edges reminded me of the 9000 pro.... let's hope that Yamaha took something else from the pro, like the expansion slots...
Posted by: Alone&Forsaken

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 01:56 AM

Save picture as, crop out dolt that took a picture of himself breaking a "non disclosure agreement" post that up.

lol if Yamaha wants to hide a picture of the Tyros 2...while Korg floods the media with the oasys and Alesis floods it with the Fusion thats their choise:P

If Yamaha is reading this, Im looking forward to their VA keyboard and reworked motif that has an excellent display on top of 24bit recording with some XLRs. In other words...Im looking forward to a fantasy where half the fantasy is a half decade reality with other instrument makers.
Posted by: The Pro

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Well,
at least now we know that IT WAS actually a picture of the new Tyros 2....
Jim (The Pro) published the same picture on Harmony Central and the following day the picture was deleted due to a Yamaha request, based on a "non desclosure agreement" that exists between manufacturers and places like that one.

Yes - I had just been discussing the Tyros 2 the previous day on the HC forums and when those pix showed up here I cross-posted them. The HC administrators removed them at Yamaha's request.

I find it telling that Yamaha can monitor our conversations so closely that they can remove pictures and things they don't want published almost immediately, but they won't even come close to our needs for a true 76-note replacement for the 9000 Pro (and we can all tell already that the Tyros 2 ain't it). This shows that their priority is to not to engage in free conversation about their products with their user base but to somehow control the conversation. It's tempting to envision some evil overlord watching what we say and do but actually they are a bunch of paranoid nerds running around in constant fear of their jobs. I'm sure Yamaha didn't want pix of their new keyboard released until the official announcement, but once they were on the web it was too late - now they've made themselves look even worse by forcing people and websites to withdraw the posts. If I had a poor opinion of Yamaha before this incident, it's worse now.

The Tyros 2 is D.O.A. in my opinion. Yamaha shouldn't even bother releasing it.
Posted by: nardoni2002

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 06:57 AM

when yamaha release new boards there are small improvents from their last boards,the only time there are big improvements is where their competition release a new state of the art board,they listen to our ideas,but lets face it if they were to put ALL our ideas into 1 board most people would buy it and so there would be very few sales of future boards cause if you had the perfect board why would you change it,mike
Posted by: Tomcat

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 07:11 AM

LOL, it also didn't take Yamaha long after the ink was dry on the sale of Steinberg to them (Cubase, Nuendo, etc) to break all the links to download manuals that Pinnacle had posted. No more manuals available for free; we're now back to the old Steinberg policy of no serial number, no manual. So now, even though I got a copy of Cubasis 4 VST as part of Garritan Personal Orchestra, there was no manual with it, only the built in help files, so now I can't download the manual because, as OEM inclusion, there is no serial number with it. I was interested in trying to use it , but without a manual, I certainly won't be doing much with it because having to only use the on screen help is a real PITA to me.

As time goes on and I get more and more DXi's and VSTi's up and running without problems, I'm beginning to care less and less what Yamaha, Korg and Roland are doing because they will become more and more irrelevant to me and what I'm doing. I have a Trinity V3, Tyros,a Fantom XR, and a Wavestation EX, and that is most likely the end of my hardware buying, since I strictly use this stuff in my studio. My outside "paying" job is as a church organist and the church furnishes the organ, so I don't have to pack up and haul anything around.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 07:16 AM

I don't buy that idea tha Yamaha couldn't possibly put all of our ideas into one keyboard. I mean, that's certainly true enough but ONE single improvement would generate a lot of interest and sales: a 76-note keyboard. Yet Yamaha is purposely distancing itself from this one vital feature. I suspect that Yamaha fears having their home keyboard division support people having to answer to pro players.

[This message has been edited by The Pro (edited 02-25-2005).]

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 07:53 AM

" only time there are big improvements is where their competition release a new state of the art board "

Stuff like the Ion, MS2000, and Microkorg came out years ago...Yamaha still hasn't been pushed to answer that call.

Beyond that random...within Yamaha's own respective lines, Yamaha themselves have keyboards from a decade ago that sport features today's like priced boards from them completely lack. Its not anything about an ideal keyboard from them, its that basic features are just held back for no logical reason. Heck just compare the effect selections on their current boards to see a ton of odd contradictions.

Basic of the basic...looking at new from Yamaha you have to spend near a thousand just to get independent 1/4 Left/Right outs ( unless you count that horrid So3 "synth" ). When they have competitors offering that ( and more ) on keyboards in the 400$ price range.

Not that I have some silly hate for Yamaha, I actively use many things from them...just their keyboards for the past few years have been bah with me. Unless you just need Yamaha arranger features or are completely enamored with the beat box elements of the Motif, they offer nothing you cant get both better and cheeper from someone else.

Hahaha I mean people are looking forward to the Tyros 2 cause its Mega voices are/might be playable :P Have to kinda think about that one...shouldn't the ability to play a voice been a basic DUH on the first Tyros to start with. The only way one could think otherwise is if they go for the marketing excuse spin of "blah blah blah blah complex something blah blah " from Yamaha. Sorry...just all the mega/cool/live/sweet buzzword crap got to me, regardless of the quality of the voices one has to wonder when Yamaha tells them " oh we have super magic samples...super magic multisamples even and its all new stuff magic stuff that errr picks up every nuance of....oh yeah the instruments we sampled."
Posted by: DonM

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 07:55 AM

My opinion is this: Yamaha is working on this prototype. Somebody took an unauthorized photo, and they want to handle the publicity and release in their own time. It will likely be many months before it's ready in its "final" form. (After that, the first wave of buyers will field-test it for them.)
I also feel that Yamaha is too big to want to cater to a few pros. They build the keyboards for the mass market, which is home players. That is where they make the profit. If pros find them adequate to use, fine. If not, fine also. They would rather sell to a million or so buyers than a few hundred.
The 9000 Pro is a perfect example. It's just as much work for them to support a keyboard that's tailored for that few hundred (or thousand) than something like a PSR3000, which appeals to a huge number of buyers.
Also, that huge number is not nearly as critical or demanding as the small number of 9000 Pro users. For every Jim Esh or Dave Boyd or Don Mason there are a hundred thousand Sally Smiths. She is a little old lady who, along with her husband Jim, is retired and enjoys listening to Jim play "Somewhere My Love" with single finger chords and one-note melody, which he plays by following the lighted keys.
Yes, that's probably extreme, but you get the point. The Yamaha US guys such as Steve are wonderful, but in reality have very little to say about what the guys in Japan decide to market. Again, just my opinion.
GEM, Korg and Ketron have indeed released flagships that target pros. I wonder if they are very successful sales-wise.
On a related point, I think the small companies such as Ketron CAN afford to target a more sophisticated clientele. I hope they continue to have the resources and motivation to do this. The Midjay indicates that Ketron is looking at a bigger market--DJ types. For every one of us that plays Arrangers for money, there are most likely thousands of DJ-Karaoke types who have day-jobs that give them expendable money to buy "toys" they can
use on the weekends.
Having said all this, I look forward to seeing what the Tyros 2 has to offer.
DonM

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 08:03 AM

i suspect that yamaha produce over 20 boards at any one time WHY so many?i agree that a 76 keyboard is a top priority,the pro was certainly a great board from the users point of view but not from yamaha,s,if they don,t make one, others will,maybe as you say the home keyboardist makes them more money than the pro,s (their attitude, why should we bother),mike
Posted by: to the genesys

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
[B]when yamaha release new boards there are small improvents from their last boards,the only time there are big improvements is where their competition release a new state of the art board,B]

I supposed that Yamaha could do that because they can. I mean they know that they are the best or at lease one of the best in the business when it comes to arranger keyboards based on sales and user reviews so they can afford to make a new arranger with only adding one or two new features from the previous one. I.e. psr 2000-psr2100 and now probably Tyros and Tyros2.

BTW regarding 76 keys and having most if not all the features in one keyboard, I would not be surprised if Yamaha in their next flagship workstation incorporate a more software based system. It would probably have most things like the Motif keyboard, VST use and support and arranger features. The user would probably be able to work easily between the keyboard and a computer. They would probably have it in 61, 76 and 88 keys and most importantly they would have it priced to where most pro musicians can and would buy it.

To me, it is only inevitable given their competition like Korg and Mediastation to name a few. Yamaha is probably in the best position to make such a keyboard at a reasonable price given their market sheer, huge customer loyalty and their recent acquisition of VST.
Posted by: trident

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 08:21 AM

Who was the guy actually playing the instrument?
Where was this picture taken? I think I could see other instruments in the background.
There was certainly an audience, and the guy probably played because his hand shows up as a blur in the photo.
Just curious
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 08:37 AM

Hi Don M

Your comments are wise and opportune.

Chico
Posted by: Impuls

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 08:49 AM

Just a idea,

Lets use the hardware from the G70 and the software from Yamaha Tyros 2
I buy it !

Regards,
Arno

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 09:13 AM

[ The only way one could think otherwise is if they go for the marketing excuse spin of "blah blah blah blah complex something blah blah " from Yamaha. Sorry...just all the mega/cool/live/sweet buzzword crap got to me, regardless of the quality of the voices one has to wonder when Yamaha tells them " oh we have super magic samples...super magic multisamples even and its all new stuff magic stuff that errr picks up every nuance of....oh yeah the instruments we sampled.

Dear Alone&Forsaken;

LOL, you are killing me A&F. I especially like your spin on Snagglepuss [ " oh we have super magic samples...super magic multisamples even "]

One would think after 2-3 years under their belt with the Tyros I ( reviewing companints & problems & wish lists), and they are in a position to see what all the other top arranger Kbs companies have done ( since they have all been realeased) that they could top all of them. At least from a marketing stand point isn't that the point. Make a product better then your competitors. I have been told that these companies hate each other ( ex Korg, Yam, past Techniques, Roland etc..) I would think companies would be motivated to make the best keyboard for bragging rights alone.

Also i have figured out why Yam names their voices.mega/cool/live/sweet

1) Mega--named after the geek techs at Yam who want to make a great KB, but who are prevented by the next No.2

2) Cool--named after the executives with cool personalities, who kybosh any advancements

3)Sweet--named after the marketing department who sugar coat and exagerate minimal changes in KB design to increase sales.

4)Live--named after ?? Anyone??

PS. DonM you are showing your age when you talk about lighted keys Do they still make Kbs with those do they? What about bringing back the bouncing ball( on top of music) feature?? Lets have a show of hands. Also, I don't think the pro market is as small as you think Don. In Europe the OMB in clubs, cafes, restaurants is very large. I would have thought that home users would be more interested in digital pianos ( which have arranger function) , organs etc..

Regards;
BN

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 09:54 AM

live,reverse live,you got it evil,mike
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 09:56 AM

I agree with Don M. Yamaha probably 1) doesn't want to start the buzz prematurely on Tyros 2, and 2) doesn't want the competitors to see the keyboard yet.

I feel for those who like the Yammie sound and features and just want 76 keys. It must be very frustrating. I'm sure that if and when they see a financial advantage in providing 76 keys, they will do it.

I am certain that the Tyros 2 will not disappoint. It is going to have all new styles and will have mega voices for horns. Plus, it looks like there are some more buttons to play with.

Yamaha has a good track record for improvement of previous models (except for the PSR2100 which was 98% the same as the PSR2000. The PSR9000 was a great keyboard in its time. So was the PSR9000 PRO. The PSR2000/2100 offered great value. The Tyros still is a great keyboard. The PSR3000 is amazing for the price. I'm sure the Tyros 2 will be a fantastic keyboard for those who can afford it (not me!).

I'll buy two PSR3100s or whatever they'll be called when they come out next year.

Beakybird

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 10:54 AM

Well, if someone wants to defend Yamaha as they take the home market for all its worth with keyboards lesser then they offered years ago and lesser then even what others offer on that level ( and higher level for less money ) and not use that mass market funding for some R&D...they can have fun doing so.

I think its sad that for many needs Yamaha doesn't even have an option out there.

Hell, Yamaha boards lack basic features like proper output jacks lol or having reverb AND chorus effects ALL on the same keyboard when spending over half a grand...let alone some dsp effects.

Check out the "magic stomp" from Yamaha...why in the heck cant 3000$ keyboards from them have relative quality effects. The tech is right there, Yamaha has it...fact its not taken advantage of is nothing less then stupidity. The effects on their low/mid line mixers are better then the stuff in their high end keyboards.

I dont have some total hate for Yamaha, I just hate how their selective over basic no brainer stuff. I know their out to make money...just there is a big contrast between making a solid product you streamlined some costs on, then taking away an output jack cause " thats 5cents a unit and if we sale XXXX amount we make XXXX amount pure extra." Its like when CBS took over Fender and started bolting on necks with three bolts to jack up profit. There are some things you just dont do.

Yamaha has others dropping off keyboards with pitchbend, mod, d-beam, left/right outputs, metal cases, left/right inputs and so on...for the same price ( or lower ) then Yamahas sub psr1000 line up.

Plus not to slander the Tyros...just I fail to see how its price is justified, when insanity like the Alesis Andromeda is out there. Yeah one is an arranger...the other an analog synth, thats part of the ????? nature of it. Why is the Yamaha arranger the same cost or higher, then that monster of an analog synth?

As for Yamaha not being able to sale enough " pro " keyboards...Dont see Korg having problems pushing thier worksations ( market supports what...seven versions of the Triton ). Korg has the microkorg and MS2000 and MS2000 rack, so the market supports three versions of the same VA engine. Alesis...much the same the Andromeda real analog is supported, then the Ion and Micron two VAs ( with 16 or 17 filter types ) that share the same sound engine are supported. Roland and its Fantoms are not having any issues. lol and this is just a few of the more common players...bring nord to the table and others.

Cause all Korg has to do is enhance their arrangers a bit and drop some under the thousand mark...Roland only needs to do, something to their arrangers smirk That homemarket safe zone fantasy would be shot to hell. Random...think what the Fusion ( thats demos got pushed to march ) could do to Yamaha's flagship motifs if its pulled off well.

SORRY about all the words Just I wish Yamaha would kick the ass we all know they can, the fact that they hint about what could be in their current gear, in their past and dont just drop a bomb is suck. They make such a big deal about " we make real world instruments so we know best what they should sound like " just pisses you off when they had that LIMITED production run of those completely bamboo acoustic guitars and they dint have the mind to sample it to their keyboards. Come on...make a bamboo guitar have the guitar all but impossible to find/buy then gloat about knowing how things should sound, when thier to stupid to sample an instrument made of bamboo. Isnt getting unique sounds one part of the keyboard game after all ? Isnt that kinda a big slip/oversight ?

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 10:58 AM

"My opinion is this: Yamaha is working on this prototype. Somebody took an unauthorized photo, and they want to handle the publicity and release in their own time."

I thought this was the understood reality from reading the topic on the now gone Tyros 2 post hahaha.

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 11:41 AM

Watch our A & F you might get censored by Yammie. :0

Beakybird--what competition? All the brand companies have just or with 1-1.5 years released their top model arrangers. So they are not going to be releasing one anytime soon. So as I see it yamaha doesn't have to worry about anyone stealing their ideas. But really, if one looks at what yamaha is going to release in the Tyros 2, I don't think they are in jepardy of the other Brand companies stealing theses ideas, beacause really they aren't close to ground breaking advancements. I would call the tyros 2 just fine tuning & catch up to the rest of the market. Ex--adding a HD, fixing the OS/problems with the song booketc.., few more sounds and styles, sampler. Just matching with what is already here from other manufacturers.

Regards;
BN
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 12:36 PM

Having worked most of my life in the British Loudspeaker Business. We made a flagship model knowing full well that the sales numbers would be small and only sold to a dedicated few. The main reason was produce an excellent top flagship of the range that would encourage the greater sales of models lower down the range which offered better value for money.
Take as an example Tyros which enabled very large sales of the PSR3000 at very good value.
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 12:50 PM

Alone,
I can see your points and understand your frustration with Yamaha regarding their keyboards. I remember a ways back I was hounding Yamaha because they would leave off something like a modulation wheel between one model and the next, and how even Casio had both wheels on both models (WK-1800/1600 at the time). I was pleased when they released the PSR-1500 and saw they finally caught on and added the modulation wheel to both models.

I too think that Yamaha can do a bit better in several departments. I look at the Tyros and what all it does, then I look at something like the Alesis Fusion synth coming out and I compare price and features.. Well I think you see where I'm heading with that one.

When I had Gary's PSR-2000 for a few days I did a side by side comparison of that board with my Casio WK-3500. I was pretty shocked. Here I had a Yamaha keyboard that was $1,000 and up when released, and I was finding that a Casio that cost less than $400 was beating out Yammie in several departments. Even in the sound department. The Casio (again in my opinion) has better bass guitars, the stereo acoutic pianos (all 3 of them) had a fuller bodied sound, and were much stronger in the lower registers. Granted Yamaha has the sweet tenor and sweet saprano, but Casio beats them out with the Velo. Tenor, Velo. Alto Sax,and even the preset saxes were stronger than Yamaha's preset saxes (minus the saprano sax).

The Casio gave you 76 full size keys, floppy disk and smart media, way better quality pitchbend and modulation wheels that were also larger (more standard synth size) than the PSR's. I even compared the effects. Both have their strong and weak points there, but the Casio's effects were pretty strong considering it's a bottom line keyboard. The Casio blew the PSR out of the water with the wha effects. I tried creating a good Jimi style guitar on the Yamaha and the Casio put it to shame.

Don't get wrong either I think the PSR-2000 was a great keyboard and in MANY areas put the Casio to shame. It's also probably not fair to really compare the two. However that little Casio (well not really little), held up really well against the Yamaha PSR-2000 in sounds. Casio's drawbars aren't up to Yammies, but again not fair to compare because the WK's drawbars are very stripped down version of the MZ-2000 and those were really damn good.

I can also understand Yamaha requesting the info to be pulled from the Zone. Someone probably snuck a camea into this place and snapped pics of the new Tyros.

I wonder what Yamaha has in store to compete with the new Korg and the new Alesis. The Alesis has a more indepth synth engine, more sequencing tracks, better screen, and even has an 8 track digital recorder built in. Yammie better have something good up their sleeves.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 02-25-2005).]

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 02-25-2005).]

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 12:54 PM

Dear GrahamUK;

Can I ask which speaker company you worked for?

Regards;
BN

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 01:06 PM

SqueakD;

I agree with you about the Alesis Fusion and its impressive Cost to performance ratio, but there is just one problem. It does not have any arranger capabilites. If it did, Yammie would be losing market share of its Tyros & Psr 3000. A move by Alesis like that would shame Yammie & make them really buckle down in order to complete. I think the competition would cause the Brand companies (Yam,Korg,Roland Ketron etc..)to give the public a much better performance to price ratio. Or else they would fail.

PS--the Tyros 2 is slatted to be more expensive then the original tyros by a noticibly margin.

Regards;
BN
Posted by: msutliff

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
....Someone probably snuck a camea into this place and snapped pics of the new Tyros.

More than just a camera...Looks like somebody was taking movies. And he/she was in the first row.

-mike

PS. I hope I'm okay posting that. Can't imagine anybody taking the time to copyright that exact image.(?)
Posted by: grandpa tom

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 01:22 PM

As I read some of the comments of frustration over Yamaha, it brings to mind a comment made a number of years ago by a former chairman of GM -- to wit: "GM is not in business to make cars, we are in business to make money". I think Grahm UK hits it on the head, you bring out the great expensive stuff and sell a few and then sell a lot of the cheaper product.

Tom

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 01:49 PM

Dear MSutliff;

This is to inform you that I am sueing you for copyright infringement. Because that hand in the picture belongs to me!!!! My appendages are copyrighted and insured. For I am a Pomolive hand model. I would like the sum of $1,000,000 in unmarked bills, so I can make a prototype, of the best arranger Keyboard on the market. I will call it either the Tyros Eater , or the Decahedron-subtitled as, "I have more angles then the tyros 2" or possibly the Tynomore-Pa1xG-70 mark SD1, of course only in avaliable in the 61 note version. Because why would anyone need more then 61 keys!!!

PS --ok I thought about it and concede. I will also make the much improved 76 note Tyros III accordian.

Regards;
BN

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BlkNotes:

Dear MSutliff;

This is to inform you that I am sueing you for copyright infringement. Because that hand in the picture belongs to me!!!! My appendages are copyrighted and insured. For I am a Pomolive hand model. I would like the sum of $1,000,000 in unmarked bills, so I can make a prototype, of the best arranger Keyboard on the market. I will call it either the Tyros Eater , or the Decahedron-subtitled as, "I have more angles then the tyros 2" or possibly the Tynomore-Pa1xG-70 mark SD1, of course only in avaliable in the 61 note version. Because why would anyone need more then 61 keys!!!

PS --ok I thought about it and concede. I will also make the much improved 76 note Tyros III accordian.

Regards;
BN

HAHAHA!!! OMG That is hilarious!

Phil
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/25/05 10:23 PM

BlkNotes. To answer your question...which speaker company did I work with here in the UK.

4 in total. IMF \ Mordaunt Short \ TDL & Rogers. I was with Mordaunt Short for the longest and retired as UK Sales Director. I was encouraged to come out of early retirement to work with TDL and then Rogers for a period of time.
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/26/05 06:01 AM

Squeak, I think Casio gives you the most for your money in that price range. Since Casio doesn't only sell their keyboard to music stores, but to Sam's Club, Best Buy, etc. they are able to sell a very inexpensive instrument. These keyboards are mass produced in China by the gazillions.

I hope that Yamaha can learn a thing or two from Casio in regards to features.

People aren't mentioning styles in this argument. I would imagine that a lot of money goes into creating new styles. If the Tyros 2 has 150 new styles, I imagine that Yamaha had to hire a lot of studio musicians and paid a producer and engineer to create these. Maybe one reason that the arrangers don't appear to give you as much for the money has to do with the price of creating quality styles - and some of the Yamaha styles are exquisite. I use some styles from other keyboards - like Roland, Korg, Technics - but the Yamaha styles really wow my audiences, and the production quality seems to be at a higher level IMO.

I am quite confident that the Tyros 2 will not disappoint. Of course, those who want 76 keys, a 1 gig megapiano, all the sequencing capabilities of Cakewalk, and onboard speakers will not be happy, but those who want to put on a great show with no quirks or record song ideas onto their computer will be quite happy.

Beakybird
Posted by: Nigel

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/26/05 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tigerfool:

I'm curious, so who who did they contact to remove the thread ??
Posted by: lahawk

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/26/05 07:40 PM

Good Question Nigel...I thought only you had the power to completly remove a thread, or does the complete thread get deleted when the topic starter deletes the original topic?
Larry
Posted by: lahawk

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/26/05 07:47 PM

Ever think of this?

Maybe Yamaha ask to remove the thread and pics, because they are all wrong. Maybe Tyros II is nothing close to what was reported in the thread. Maybe Tyros II is completly different then the picture going around. Maybe Tyros II will have 76 keys. Maybe Tyros II will not even be called Tyros II.

Maybe Yamaha asked the thread to be removed, becuase it was B O G U S, and nothing close to what the final product will actually be.

Just a thought
Larry

[This message has been edited by lahawk (edited 02-26-2005).]
Posted by: Tony Rome

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/26/05 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
My opinion is this: Yamaha is working on this prototype. Somebody took an unauthorized photo, and they want to handle the publicity and release in their own time. It will likely be many months before it's ready in its "final" form. (After that, the first wave of buyers will field-test it for them.)
I also feel that Yamaha is too big to want to cater to a few pros. They build the keyboards for the mass market, which is home players. That is where they make the profit. If pros find them adequate to use, fine. If not, fine also. They would rather sell to a million or so buyers than a few hundred.
The 9000 Pro is a perfect example. It's just as much work for them to support a keyboard that's tailored for that few hundred (or thousand) than something like a PSR3000, which appeals to a huge number of buyers.
Also, that huge number is not nearly as critical or demanding as the small number of 9000 Pro users. For every Jim Esh or Dave Boyd or Don Mason there are a hundred thousand Sally Smiths. She is a little old lady who, along with her husband Jim, is retired and enjoys listening to Jim play "Somewhere My Love" with single finger chords and one-note melody, which he plays by following the lighted keys.
Yes, that's probably extreme, but you get the point. The Yamaha US guys such as Steve are wonderful, but in reality have very little to say about what the guys in Japan decide to market. Again, just my opinion.
GEM, Korg and Ketron have indeed released flagships that target pros. I wonder if they are very successful sales-wise.
On a related point, I think the small companies such as Ketron CAN afford to target a more sophisticated clientele. I hope they continue to have the resources and motivation to do this. The Midjay indicates that Ketron is looking at a bigger market--DJ types. For every one of us that plays Arrangers for money, there are most likely thousands of DJ-Karaoke types who have day-jobs that give them expendable money to buy "toys" they can
use on the weekends.
Having said all this, I look forward to seeing what the Tyros 2 has to offer.
DonM

Dom......I think that you hit the nail on the head....every thing you said, I agree with...it's the smart money in Japan that make the rules....everyone else just follows suit...it makes good sound business sence....
Good Call.....
Posted by: Tom NL

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 12:58 AM

If anyone would like to take another look at those pictures, here's a link to a Dutch forum where the pictures haven't been removed:
http://www.keyboardforum.nl/index.php?topic=748.0

and this one:
http://www.keyboardforum.nl/index.php?topic=749.0

------------------
Tom NL
Posted by: Burkels

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom NL:
If anyone would like to take another look at those pictures, here's a link to a Dutch forum where the pictures haven't been removed:
http://www.keyboardforum.nl/index.php?topic=748.0

and this one:
http://www.keyboardforum.nl/index.php?topic=749.0

(And no messages from Yamaha received yet.)

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 02:39 AM

By the way: IF the picture with the guy playing the "Tyros 2" is for real, I don't think Yamaha has much to nag about. Because they let someone play a prototype in public, allowing people to take pictures and filming the thing.

------------------
Roland EXR-5 user - http://www.exr5.tk
DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
Good Question Nigel...I thought only you had the power to completly remove a thread, or does the complete thread get deleted when the topic starter deletes the original topic?
Larry

No Larry the originator of the thread has the power to delete the thread at anytime. But TigerFool doesn't have his email address available so if he was the originator of the thread I can't see how Yamaha could have contacted him. That is why I curious about who they contacted. It wasn't me.

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 04:35 AM

Nigel, Yamaha contacted me. And I deleted the thread. I donot know how they got my phone number. I forgot to ask.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
No Larry the originator of the thread has the power to delete the thread at anytime. But TigerFool doesn't have his email address available so if he was the originator of the thread I can't see how Yamaha could have contacted him. That is why I curious about who they contacted. It wasn't me.

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 04:52 AM

Gee I can't see how they can have got your phone number unless they got it from some other posting you may have made elsewhere. There is nothing here that would provide them with that sort of information. It is very puzzling. They couldn't even obtain your IP no. without getting it off me. There is nothing in your profile that would make you traceable.

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 04:59 AM

There seems to be only one way to find out. Let's wake the giant I'll e-mail Yamaha and ask them to have a look on my site to see the image, and I'll ask them what's so wrong with that picture. Either it's not a Tyros II at all, or they may have some other explanation. We'll see.

(EDIT) - Mail sent.

[This message has been edited by Burkels (edited 02-27-2005).]

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tigerfool:

Weird. It still seems to be here, or is this another discussion?
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/010019.html
Posted by: YamahaAndy

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 07:13 AM

I saw the pictures of the new Yamaha Tyros. It seemed to be too good to be a faked picture, but this could be a protoype of the real thing or some of the first made units of it. When it comes to appearance it is pretty likely it will look like that, but they might yet improve a lot of things inside it which in turn might change a few details in the hardware interface.

What the prictures proove I think is that Yamaha in fact will market a new version of the Tyros soon and that the Tyros keyboards have been pretty successful in sales. So this is good news for us, at least for me, because I enjoy the Tyros series extremely much! I think it's still the best available arranger out there. Mega voice was a revolution sound wise, however I don't think anyone will be satisfied enough with another version of Tyros with as hard to use Mega voices as the first version and I think Yamaha has realised that it is not inline with its easy and powerful interface and will be much too irritating to be found in the new version.So playable Mega voices is really likely to be found in the next Tyros.

It will be interesting to see what they do about the expandability problem that the first Yamaha Tyros had. In order to be inline with the rest of the market and to maximize the Tyros market they need to do something about the expandability. The hard drive might be built-in in the new version, simply because more functionality demands storage on a higher level than floppy disks, especially since it is expected to have network features. Further either a sampler or expander card functionality is likely to be found in it.

One more thing I think they should include in this version, that they touched a little in the first version, is surround mixes. They have the knowledge, now is the right time to introduce it to home keyboardists.

When it comes to keys I don't think they will introduce any non 61-key version of it yet, simply because it has MIDI functionality and is a keyboard arranger for a mass market.

If none of these features I mentioned, will be found in the Tyros 2, I think it will be a major dissapointment. The network support and improved Mega voices is what I find most likely in the upcoming version of the Tyros. That is two very obvious things they saved when the first version was made.

It will also be interesting to see what they do about the song recording problem. In the first version they separated the song recording by USB and built a simple recorder mostly for style recording. However, for some reason they built in an event editor as well, something that made the sequencer extremely unbalanced. That's why I think they might add a few more basic things in the sequencer, such as measure processing, overdubbing and a measure meter.

People at Yamaha is reading what we say about the Tyros here on Synthzone very much. Both Synthzone and Harmony Central is carefully watched when it comes to this subject because it is good and cheap feedback by the right persons.

[This message has been edited by YamahaAndy (edited 02-27-2005).]

[This message has been edited by YamahaAndy (edited 02-27-2005).]

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
There seems to be only one way to find out. Let's wake the giant I'll e-mail Yamaha and ask them to have a look on my site to see the image, and I'll ask them what's so wrong with that picture. Either it's not a Tyros II at all, or they may have some other explanation. We'll see.

(EDIT) - Mail sent.

[This message has been edited by Burkels (edited 02-27-2005).]

Dandy idea - let's all host the Tyros 2 images on our personal websites and see if Yamaha calls each of us. *ring* Hmmm, now who could that be?

[This message has been edited by The Pro (edited 02-27-2005).]

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 10:15 AM

Nope, not on my site, and I would never buy
a Tyros2 if "cutting edges" is the only new
thing added...

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 10:30 AM

Dear YamahaAndy & Others;

The playable Mega voice technology has already avaliable on the Clavinova series. So, it would be very easy for Yam to place it on their new tyros. But I wouldn't exactly call that ground breaking. No.1 the technology has been around in yamahas line. No.2 its avaliable from other companies ( ex. Korg, Roland etc..) Mega-voice its just a marketing term. What we are really talking about, it to capature the realism of other instruments while playing keys on a keyboard instead of strings/sticks/mouth etc...

Now, if yamaha could take the realism of instruments in both the voices and styles sections to another level, that would be more impressive [beyond the clavinova--since that is now not new technology anymore]. But, just to keep this in perspective there is VST software that is currently avaliable that is very impressive, and knocks the competition on its behind.

Also, why does the clavinova (CVP-307/309)have more technology/features and advancements than the Tyros? It can't be the price difference, since the Tyros compariviely has a cheap case compared to its competitors and it is no where comparable to the extra cost that is incorporated in the Clavinova with its elaboarte cases-with wood finishes/internal speakers, foot pedals etc.. So why wasn't the extra technology placed into the Tyros. It is after all its Top Model arranger.

I hope Yamaha just doesn't play catch up with the Tyros, and make it competative to the other current top model arrangers. That would be a shame. We don't need another "me to" keyboard. We want a KB to excite & inspre us!!! At the minimum it would be nice to see them place all the advancements/ technology/sound/styles etc..[ AWM tone generation /128 + 128-note polyphony /386 Accompaniment Styles-Mega Voice Styles--
34 Session! Styles ---640 x 480 dot VGA color LCD ,just to name a few, that have already been avaliable on the Clavinovas. Further, what about features that have been avaliable on other keyborads for years--virtual draw-bars, sampling capabilites with lots of ram!!!! which would allow loading some decent quality samples. 76 keys would be very nice, but somehow I don't think this is going to happen. Someone at yamaha has made this decision ( I don't know why) and is sticking to it.

Regards;
BN

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Pro:

Dandy idea - let's all host the Tyros 2 images on our personal websites and see if Yamaha calls each of us. *ring* Hmmm, now who could that be?

No, I meant to ask them to have a look at my site. Tom has mentioned the direct links to the boards where the pictures are shown, so if Yamaha is watching this board, they'll end up on my site anyway.

------------------
DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 12:33 PM

It appears to me this thread is making much to do about nothing. All the TyrosII talk and pics are (at this point) rumor and hearsay. Yamaha has asked references to the pic be deleted. I think their request is reasonable and should be respected.

Eddie

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/27/05 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
It appears to me this thread is making much to do about nothing. All the TyrosII talk and pics are (at this point) rumor and hearsay. Yamaha has asked references to the pic be deleted. I think their request is reasonable and should be respected.
Eddie

I beg to differ, Sir. :-)

Yamaha let someone perform live on the II, allowing people to make videos and pictures of it. You must be terribly naive to think that those pictures would not appear on the internet in no-time. Lots of people are interested in news like that.

------------------
DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/28/05 09:17 AM

Ok, so I got a call from Yamaha The Netherlands today.

We agreed that I would take the pictures off of the website, even though Yamaha has no legal grounds to force people to remove any image that was made by a private person (i.e. it is not an official copyrighted Yamaha-image). We don't want to offend Yamaha, so we agreed to work with them here.

However, the conversation I had convinces me that we did have a sneak peek at the real Tyros 2 here.

Thanks for all the visits to my forum , but you can stop trying now. The pictures are gone.

------------------
DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
Posted by: tracknet

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/28/05 09:27 AM

But what about Tyros II may be said from these pictures?
Nothing at all, I think. If there are changes in souds, styles, etc, they will be into the keyboard, not visible at its surface.
Because if you compares that picture with a Tyros I, you will see a very few buttons more here (at left side) and a few buttons less there (right side). It is all.
All the rest seems the same. And, pity, the same smaller keys!!!.
Posted by: zalmi

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/28/05 11:49 AM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Eddie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I beg to differ, Sir. :-)

Yamaha let someone perform live on the II, allowing people to make videos and pictures of it. You must be terribly naive to think that those pictures would not appear on the internet in no-time. Lots of people are interested in news like that.

Burkels,

What made you suddenly change your mind that Yamaha's request is indeed reasonable and should be respected?
Posted by: Islander

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/28/05 01:04 PM

Dang! I missed the "Tyros 2" picture!!
Oh well

Johnny

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/28/05 02:02 PM

Zalmi: In legal sense, Yamaha had no point here. The two pictures were no official Yamaha-presentations, and like I said before: If Yamaha didn't want to have such pictures taken by someone in the audience, they should have kept the prototype locked away.

Compare it with "spy-pictures" of the new BMW that end up in every automobile-magazine. That too pisses people at BMW off, but it's news, and so it's published. If you don't want those pictures to be taken, then keep the car off the road where everyone can see it.

So, Yamaha didn't convince me that I -had- to remove the pictures, but they (eventually :-) ) asked me kindly to work with them on this one. And I did. Not because I am forced to legally, but because I value a good relationship with a manufacturer. In -that- sense, I felt that the request Yamaha did was reasonable. I do not run a forum with the intention to get people into trouble.

Yamaha made a mistake, we had a sneak peek, and now we'll just have to wait for the official presentation.

I posted an explanation on my forum about this matter, where I also state that although I could have left the pictures online if I wanted to, I have chosen not to do this.
Because Yamaha asked me, and not ordered me, to remove them. The guy at Yamaha explained to me how big an issue this has become at Yamaha, and in that sense, I felt his request was reasonable.

------------------
DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/28/05 02:18 PM

Dear Burkels;

You should have told the fellow at Yamaha you would take the pictures down, if he gave you the slated release date of the Tyros 2 & a spec sheet

Regards;
BN

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/28/05 02:20 PM

Post the picture, and demand a new tyros to take it down hehe....

Phil
Posted by: TomTomSF

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 02/28/05 07:58 PM

Hmmm... maybe Yamaha offered to give him a free Tyros2 if he would take down the pics...

...just wondering...

Tom G.

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 03/01/05 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:
Hmmm... maybe Yamaha offered to give him a free Tyros2 if he would take down the pics...

Not one. Five. And a Bentley.

------------------
DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
Posted by: electoneiscool

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 07/21/05 12:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlkNotes:

We want a KB to excite & inspre us!!! At the minimum it would be nice to see them place all the advancements/ technology/sound/styles etc..[ AWM tone generation /128 + 128-note polyphony /386 Accompaniment Styles-Mega Voice Styles--
34 Session! Styles ---640 x 480 dot VGA color LCD ,just to name a few, that have already been avaliable on the Clavinovas. [QUOTE]

There is...its called Stagea
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 07/21/05 02:23 PM

Unless there has been some recent change Yamaha stopped producing and selling home organs in or for the US for a few years now.

I worked in the home organ industry from 1976 til the beginning of this year. It was generally accepted in that industry that Yamaha didn't know how to market them in the US. They have a stradegy that was geared more for other parts of the world that did not work here.

One of there most "interesting" marketing strategies was in England where they would buy up all used organs and destroy them to force people to buy new Yamaha organs. Really!

While I've never heard the Stagea and I'm sure it's good for what it is, although out of all the home organ companies there used to be, I really disliked Yamaha organs. They were a bear to try and operate and then try and teach seniors how to use it was a big joke. I was very suprized when I first heard the PSR2000 at how good it was and also was easy to operate.

But mainly, even if the Stagea were available in the US, I don't think it would put any kind of dent in the portable market because of it's size and weight.

Scott Langholff
http://www.ScottLMusic.com
Posted by: electoneiscool

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 07/28/05 02:46 PM

First of all Electones are most definitely not "Home organs". They were developed in Japan, where there is no concept of Organ, and they are professional instruments that people can perform on - most people take up an instrument as they aspire to perform on Stage.

The US market has died out more than the UK, but in fact there are currently more Stageas in the US.

Stagea combines all the technology from Tyros and PSR keyboards, the CVP Clavinovas, EL and AR Electones. The EL900m Electone is pretty tough to beat, but Stagea absolutely wipes the floor of them all.

There is definitely a market in the western world, as many people are unaware of electone and its capabilities.

Stagea has been designed to be portable and considering the flexibility and power over a keyboard, the 15 minutes it takes to set up is well worth it.
Posted by: Kenneth Gundersen

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 08/10/05 03:57 AM

After reading this thread I guess you are all welcome to start the same discussion, with pictures or whatever, at www.Tyros2.net - The threads there will not be deleted
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 08/10/05 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Gundersen:
After reading this thread I guess you are all welcome to start the same discussion, with pictures or whatever, at www.Tyros2.net - The threads there will not be deleted

Don't be too sure. Your whole web site might get yanked by Yammie.

On the threat of litigation of course. And in that case they have the muscle to accomplish their ends. As tigerfool found out.

Best regards,
Mike
Posted by: Kenneth Gundersen

Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion? - 09/03/06 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Don't be too sure. Your whole web site might get yanked by Yammie.

On the threat of litigation of course. And in that case they have the muscle to accomplish their ends. As tigerfool found out.

Then it's fun to see that www.Tyros2.Net have now been up running in over a year, and still kicks