SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#97334 - 08/21/07 02:55 AM Re: Best midi controller for OMB
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Hi Rikki!

You know? 32 Polyphony has never been an issue with me at on the yamaha YPG-625. No drops that I can detect on the E403 so far. I have been playing with the onboard styles and the ones on the CD it came with. They sound a bit simpler than what is on the YPG-625 (32 polyphony). Let me try an extensive one and see what happens.

I see A/B on the intro fill buttons and it does switch to 2 different into/end and fills.

I will work with styles tonight after work and give you a better idea. I will also read the manual for that function as well!

-Linda

#97335 - 08/21/07 03:46 PM Re: Best midi controller for OMB
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Linda,
main reason I asked was that I used to have a dgx305 ( 32 note polyphony) that I used with OMB. I preffered the flexibilty of OMB
software ie the 4 variations 3 intro's/endings etc it allowed me to use a greater range of psr styles available on the net. Plus, in the DGX I could only load 1 user style at a time.
Some newer psr styles were too heavily orchestrated ( ie used up too much polyphony), I used to try & remove the odd track to try & cut down on the polyphony.
OMB's got some great editing functions if you need to edit user styles.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LindaFus:
[B]Hi Rikki!

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#97336 - 08/22/07 07:08 AM Re: Best midi controller for OMB
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Rikki,

Yes, the E403 only allows you to load 1 new style at a time and I believe I read you need to cut that down a bit as it has a file size limitation.

This board will work fine for me for the computer side for now.

-Lin

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online