SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#96074 - 04/05/03 04:08 PM LeCover Amplifier and Keyboard Covers
The Accordionist Offline

Well, I received my LeCover for my Motion Sound KP-200S amplifier. From the time I called until the day I received it took 10 days, and I'm on the opposite coast of LeCover. Considering that each cover is made to order I found the timeline fair.

The cover is very nice. I ordered the single-ply, 1000 Denier amp cover, not the 1/2" thick padded cover. The cover fits like a glove. Considering the odd pointed shape of the Motion Sound amp I couldn't be more pleased with the fit.

The cover looks great and there's only one minor gripe that I have. The Motion Sound amp has a top handle and two flush side indents. I tend to carry the amp from the top since I have found it easier to balance. Unfortunately, the LeCover has holes for the two side indents, but the top is solid. One could argue that this will keep out rain, dust and beer, but I think all in all I would rather have it open on the top so I could carry it with the cover on. Just a small gripe, and I'm sure others would disagree.

I very much recommend LeCover and am pleased with their product. Note: They also make Arranger and Keyboard covers as well. Typically around $30 for each cover.
www.lecover.com

#96075 - 04/05/03 04:24 PM Re: LeCover Amplifier and Keyboard Covers
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi The Accordionist,
I agree !!
Larry does fine work , he has made a bunch of covers for me too.
Every thing from KB covers to audio / video covers.
And he "stands by his work" !!
jedi

#96076 - 04/06/03 06:04 AM Re: LeCover Amplifier and Keyboard Covers
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Hmmmm... that's strange - my padded version of the KP-200s cover does have a slot on the top for the handle in addition to the side openings. Maybe it's because it's padded. You might want to call Larry to confirm why the non-padded cover doesn't have the top slot opening.

#96077 - 04/06/03 07:34 AM Re: LeCover Amplifier and Keyboard Covers
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
My Mackie speaker covers are padded and have handle openings - with flaps, that open or close with velcro strips along one side. This prevents damage from the elements when the handles are not being used. This would be a nice feuture to incorporate into all covers, especially here in Buffalo where it is still snowing on April 6.

Regards,

Jerry

#96078 - 04/07/03 05:45 PM Re: LeCover Amplifier and Keyboard Covers
The Accordionist Offline

Pro - Thanks for your advice. I emailed Larry LeCover. He said it most likely was an oversight on their part and that he would send me a new cover.

Now that's standing by your product!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online