SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#92628 - 04/17/07 10:21 AM Re: Korg Arrangers (Best Merged Synth/Arranger IMO)
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I like the Korg chord fingering system better than R or Y. It's a lot easier to play a major 7th on a Korg - try it.

#92629 - 04/17/07 11:32 AM Re: Korg Arrangers (Best Merged Synth/Arranger IMO)
Dnj Offline

Cassp.....
this is my point WE ALL LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS IN OUR INSTRUMENTS......none of which are wrong this creates a comfort level for ourselves individuality is the KEY when discussing things on this forum....once we start pushing our opinions to strongly on others the aggression starts....whats right for one person is not always right for the next. Your post describes exactly that in a good way....thanx for your reply.

#92630 - 04/17/07 12:51 PM Re: Korg Arrangers (Best Merged Synth/Arranger IMO)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But the defense of a particular feature or approach is still that.... NOT a response to someone saying 'your kid is ugly'....

The trouble is, there are far too many here that think JUST THAT WAY.

If someone doesn't mind carting around an extra 15 lbs weight, to get features that no lighter arranger has, there's no point in belittling him (or her!) because YOU are prepared to take weight over function (or don't care for or need that function). Sure, just say 'I don't need that function, so I'll take the lighter arranger' but why attack a person for having different priorities than you? Perhaps you think he shouldn't post his (or her!) opinion because you don't agree with it...?

What has happened to us in the 21st century that we have forgotten that the other guy has a RIGHT to his opinion? And if you disagree, you are supposed to debate it, not sling insults at each other as if we were that lowest form of life - the politician?!! Debate the topic, NOT the man.

Swift-boating people is (or should be) beneath us, here at SZ...

#92631 - 04/17/07 01:34 PM Re: Korg Arrangers (Best Merged Synth/Arranger IMO)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Before we finish the "virtual" execution of Nick G, I have the following observations:

1) Both the Tyros2 and the PA800 (by virtue of it's similarity to it's predecessor) are pretty "dated" keyboards in terms or reviews (and demos).

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:

I'm gonna have quite a few reviews to post after this weekend

Squeak

2) I'm not sure how effectively one can "review" something as complex as a modern arranger from just a couple of hours in a store (divided between several models). Me personally, I'm only interested in "reviews" from Sound-on-sound, Keyboard Magazine, George Kaye or Dan01, or a musically-sound and technically savvy OWNER who has spent considerable time with the instrument. If someone goes into a music store and is impressed by some feature on a keyboard, by all means post it, but let's not call it a review; that's a review of his or her (usually initial) IMPRESSION, not a review of the keyboard.

3. With all respect to Squeak, when you announce ahead of time that you will be gracing us, dullards that we are, with one of your insightful, in-depth, must-read, "the real truth revealed here for the first time", reviews (even though no one really requested it).....well, I can see how that might appear to some as arrogant.

I truly believe that Squeak has only the best of intentions but I can also understand where Nick is coming from. There are always two sides to a story. Sometimes more .

chas

#92632 - 04/17/07 02:05 PM Re: Korg Arrangers (Best Merged Synth/Arranger IMO)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
A review is a review chas. I don't care if it comes from keyboard mag or someone who spent several hours on it the store. How you choose to judge the validity of a review is obviously your choice.

However, the problem is people just assume things far too often here. This forum is in written form. So often people are too quick to assume something is arrogant. Keep in mind everyone has a way of putting their words on paper (or the screen in this case.

If we all spoke face to face we probably wouldn't have so many personality clashes here. I don't recall ever taking the positon as "gracing" anyone here with my reviews, as if my word is the almighty.

Geez I was the first one here to report the Yamaha MM6 was an arranger and felt that others here may be interested in this considering this is an "arranger" forum. I even pointed out that I got the confirmation from Yamaha, and I took heat just for doing that. People just take things way too personally here. You make a comment about something you don't like about a keyboard, and some act like you insulted their mother. It just often seems that some members feel they need constant justification from other's that their money was spent well when the only person whos opinion really counts there is the person who bought the bloody thing. However, the moment someone points out something negative BAM! you get nailed with rudeness.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 04-17-2007).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#92633 - 04/17/07 02:34 PM Re: Korg Arrangers (Best Merged Synth/Arranger IMO)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Chas, read this thread.... NickG walked in with the axe. If it ends up cutting him, who's to blame...?

And the next time you offer any opinion, impressions or just plain shooting the breeze, you had better HOPE no-one says anything like QUOTE: ' With all respect to Squeak, when you announce ahead of time that you will be gracing us, dullards that we are, with one of your insightful, in-depth, must-read, "the real truth revealed here for the first time", reviews (even though no one really requested it).....well, I can see how that might appear to some as arrogant.' UNQUOTE Otherwise, you are probably going to get as upset about it as squeak ought to be....

There isn't a trace of condescension or arrogance on this thread until YOU post something like that. If you think YOUR words don't come off that way, try reading it as if it were addressed to YOU....

"With all respect to CGILES, when you announce that you will be gracing us, dullards that we are, with one of your insightful, in-depth, must-read, "the real truth revealed here for the first time", posts (even though no one really requested it).....well, I can see how that might appear to some as arrogant....."

I certainly don't remember anyone being that rude to you when you posted YOUR unrequested review (or was it just an impression?) of that Roland Vocoder thingy.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 04-17-2007).]

#92634 - 04/17/07 03:16 PM Re: Korg Arrangers (Best Merged Synth/Arranger IMO)
miden Offline

Loc: The World
ay yi yi!! and down goes another thread that had promise....oh well, next!!

#92635 - 04/17/07 03:36 PM Re: Korg Arrangers (Best Merged Synth/Arranger IMO)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I certainly don't remember anyone being that rude to you when you posted YOUR unrequested review (or was it just an impression?) of that Roland Vocoder thingy.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 04-17-2007).]

It was definitely an impression (what else am I going to say ) that spoke mostly to the fun factor (I even jokingly blamed Squeak for bringing it (the Demo) to my attention resulting in it's purchase).....besides, I was an owner that had spent at least a couple of weeks of quality time with the instrument.

I think there is a difference between posting your impressions about a rather obscure (though intriguing) piece of gear that you have recently purchased and that someone has shown an interest in, and .....well, somehow it seems different to me (imagine that ). Oh well, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong (something you probably can't relate to, Diki) and I'm sorry for trying to point out that maybe, just maybe, one could have a perception of Squeak's post that might provoke a response like Nick's.

Lucifer

#92636 - 04/17/07 04:09 PM Re: Korg Arrangers (Best Merged Synth/Arranger IMO)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
What a freakin joke man! Had this topic been in glory of the T2 and it's abilities we wouldn't be where we are now with this discussion.

Please someone point out to me the arrogance and what was wrong in this topic that would in the slightest, justify Nicks response???

I pointed out a very strong point about the Korg PA series... However, no matter how upset Nick gets and so rudely shows his discontent for any keyboard that's not a T2, the FACT remains the Korg PA series has more synth editing options built into the machine. That's not my opinion. That's a FACT. I just said IN MY OPINION and went from there.

Geeez I can't win with anything on this damn forum. I post about a synth someone gets pissed off. I post a good point about an arranger someone gets pissed off. I post about drum machines (knowing that quite a few use them here), and someone gets pissed off. I make a FACTUAL statement about board A to board B, and I get drilled for that.

I deal with everything on this from from racist pricks to childish goons who want to cry to mommy everytime someone says something negative about their toy. For pete's sake if you can't take sand in your shoes get out of the damn sand box, and let the rest of us play.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#92637 - 04/17/07 04:33 PM Re: Korg Arrangers (Best Merged Synth/Arranger IMO)
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Squeak
Don't let 'em get ya down! Don't be drawn in you don't have to defend yourself.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online