SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#205418 - 04/18/07 02:01 PM Exciting News for Arranger Players
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Good news for the UK, Bohm are back and a new dealership has opened. http://www.bohm-organs.co.uk/
The Pakefield Festival will be the re launch of the brand.
Expect the web site to be updated over the next few weeks, as it gets into full swing; there is also a link to the German site for those that can’t wait.
The main instrument for SZ members will be the Silverbird, which comes as a 61, 76 or 88 note Arranger and also a 2 manual Organ, a module version is also available.
I would also expect a return to the US, sometime in the future.
A Drums 2000 Demo can be found here http://www.keyswerk.de/audio/demo_ld2000_1.mp3

Bill

#205419 - 04/19/07 01:00 AM Re: Exciting News for Arranger Players
Wis Offline

This is really good news. Bohm had allways
good instruments.

#205420 - 04/19/07 02:49 AM Re: Exciting News for Arranger Players
spalding4 Offline

Loc: england
looks good but that demo did not inspire me. Sounded close to standard gm sounds. I remember looking at the silverbird once before but was not that impressed. Hope they have improved since two years ago.

#205421 - 04/19/07 03:49 AM Re: Exciting News for Arranger Players
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Bill.
The Silverbird has been out for years so I hope they have taken the insides out and replaced them with all new modern technology.
I can remember going to Anthony Lomas's house to play this model as he used to demonstrate for Bohm. It was a very good instrument for its time, but I am going back many years now. Maybe late 90's early 2000? I was hoping the new models I heard about last year would have a new name but unfortunately not. I am looking forward to hearing these though, maybe Wersi have a bit of competition again?

#205422 - 04/21/07 01:41 AM Re: Exciting News for Arranger Players
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Here's an interesting site http://www.boehmworld.com

Craig
Bohm has always been like Wersi in allowing software and hardware updates to their instruments, however they have not yet embraced the computer based systems, and so most of the upgrades are internal hardware. (Just like previous generations of Wersi instruments)
BTW If you had purchased one of their instruments in 1984 (The first of their digital range) you could have continually updated it to the same spec and sound as the latest instruments.
Enjoy whatever you play

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online