SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#91482 - 05/22/05 09:58 PM Help: Experiencing Printing Problems w/ 'MusicFinder View' latest version 1.80 !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I recently & installed (complete from scratch) the latest version 1.80 of Michael Bedesem's excellent Yamaha keyboard utility software: "Music Finder View":
http://www.svpworld.com/util_mfdview.htm

and expeiencing problems when attempting to print-out a MusicFinder (.mfd) document originally created on my TYROS keyboard.

When selecting "Print" (either printout of all pages, or just a specific range of pages), it causes my printer (HP Deskjet 970CSE) to go bonkers, first printing only the last couple of song records on the last page, and after that, the printer begins continuously spewing out page after page of just a few letters/characters of unintelligible text, or empty sheets of paper altogether, requiring me to frantically struggle to press the printers on/off switch, less it continue to spew out & ruin page after page of paper with only a few bits of text printed on each sheet.

During this process, if I check the status of the "MusicFinder View" print job status in the Windows System tray's 'print job' queue window, the # of pages appearing in queue for printing is something totally erroneous, like 82+ pages, even though the actual .mfd domcument includes only 60 song records.

I subsequently have reported the problem to Michael Bedesem (author), and he sent me a small test MFD file to test out with MusicFinder View 1.80 on my PC, and my printer printed it without a glitch. Interesingly enough, his test file contained only 7 song records, so I'm wondering now if the printer problem I'm experiencing is related to printing documents with a lot more song records than just 7, so hoping people here might attempt loading & printing out Music Finder files that contain at least 60 song records.

I've been using MusicFinder View for quite a few years now, and have really grown to rely on it for keeping my personal custom Music Finder song records organized & updated. This is the first time I've ever experienced printer problems with this program. I even re-checked my printer's functioning with all my other software programs installed on my PC (Microsoft Word, Notepad, etc) and it works fine with all my other PC's software programs. In an effort to assist Michael Bedesem & myself in determining if the print problem is uniquely happening on my PC alone or not, I'd like to request that other Yamaha Tyros & MusicFinder View 1.80 users here please test their MusicFinder 1.80 printing function on their PCs as well and report back your findings.

Many Thanks in advance for help & assistance.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-22-2005).]

#91483 - 05/22/05 10:31 PM Re: Help: Experiencing Printing Problems w/ 'MusicFinder View' latest version 1.80 !
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Scott

Same thing happened to me. I thought maybe it was my new XP OS.

If you check the songs you want and create a playlist then it works ok.

Best

ScottL

#91484 - 05/22/05 11:27 PM Re: Help: Experiencing Printing Problems w/ 'MusicFinder View' latest version 1.80 !
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Scott

I posted this over on the Yahoo Yamaha style forum. I know he visits there daily.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/yamaha-psr-styles/message/35519

#91485 - 05/22/05 11:33 PM Re: Help: Experiencing Printing Problems w/ 'MusicFinder View' latest version 1.80 !
chony Offline

Loc: New York
BTW, is the Tyros operating system still at 1.4? That's where I'm holding anyway...

#91486 - 05/22/05 11:53 PM Re: Help: Experiencing Printing Problems w/ 'MusicFinder View' latest version 1.80 !
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Scott

My HP Deskjet 690C went through this awkward phase a couple of months ago, showing the same symptoms as you describe. what was particularly annoying was the continuous printing of a couple of lines and then running the page through and printing more and more pages!!!

The answer was to re-install the printer.

It appears that sometomes the installation becomes corrupted and has to be trwated like a naughty boy.
Have you tried re-installing your printer?
#cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#91487 - 05/22/05 11:55 PM Re: Help: Experiencing Printing Problems w/ 'MusicFinder View' latest version 1.80 !
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Same thing happened to me. I thought maybe it was my new XP OS. .

Hi ScottL: Nope, pretty sure the problem's not with your PC or XP OS now because we're BOTH experiencing the same Music Finder View 1.80 printing problem, and appears to confirm there actually may be a print command bug in MFV version 1.80 that needs to be addressed. - Scott

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
If you check the songs you want and create a playlist then it works ok.

ScottL: I suppose your 'workaround'method may work in a desparate pinch, but attempting to printout a large selection (600+) song database printout via the playlist function means having to laboriously 'manually check' the box next to each & every song record individually 'one by one'.

I hope & trust that Michael Bedesem will be able to resolve (fix) "MusicFinder View" Version 1.80's: Main Menu > PRINT function, and restore it to work the way it worked in prior versions of the software. - Scott

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
BTW, is the Tyros operating system still at 1.4?

Yep, 1.40 to be exact.

Scott

#91488 - 05/22/05 11:58 PM Re: Help: Experiencing Printing Problems w/ 'MusicFinder View' latest version 1.80 !
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Scott,
Maybe you can revise your software at: http://www.svpworld.com/beta/
regards
Keith

#91489 - 05/23/05 12:02 AM Re: Help: Experiencing Printing Problems w/ 'MusicFinder View' latest version 1.80 !
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiefromrotherham:
My HP Deskjet 690C went through this awkward phase a couple of months ago, showing the same symptoms as you describe.The answer was to re-install the printer.

Hi Eddie, hmmm never gave that one a thought (or try) because My HPD Deskjet 970Cse works fine when I print from any/all other software programs on my PC.

My HP 970CSE printer actually uses included in Windows XP, printer drivers, so because it was simply plug and play, what special steps do I need to go thru to actually re-install my printer? Thanks. - Scott

#91490 - 05/23/05 12:14 AM Re: Help: Experiencing Printing Problems w/ 'MusicFinder View' latest version 1.80 !
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Further to my earlier post. I am using Music Finder View 1.8.6. Just printed out the first 4 pages of the PSR3000 file, no problems. Windows XP Professional and HP Laserjet 5P were used.
regards
Keith

#91491 - 05/23/05 12:14 AM Re: Help: Experiencing Printing Problems w/ 'MusicFinder View' latest version 1.80 !
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KeithB:
Scott,
Maybe you can revise your software at: http://www.svpworld.com/beta/
regards
Keith

Hi Keith: I'm confused. Are the versions you provided updates to version 1.80, or older program versions? From the version numbers given in their descriptions: "184 & 186", it would seem that they were updates to the 1.80 vers posted on the SVP Forum, yet the creation dates indicate that 184 was created back in Oct 2004 and 186 in March 2005. "1159" (MusicFinderViewFull159.zip oddly enough says it was created May 21,2005. I'm really confused now about which file(s) to download and install.

In addition, must I first 'completely de-install' 1.80 from my PC before installing "MusicFinderView184_b", or can I just install 1.84 right over 1.80, followed by installing "MusicFinderView186b_Update" over that? I'm really confused now.

- Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-23-2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online