I recently & installed (complete from scratch) the latest version 1.80 of Michael Bedesem's excellent Yamaha keyboard utility software: "Music Finder View":
http://www.svpworld.com/util_mfdview.htm

and expeiencing problems when attempting to print-out a MusicFinder (.mfd) document originally created on my TYROS keyboard.

When selecting "Print" (either printout of all pages, or just a specific range of pages), it causes my printer (HP Deskjet 970CSE) to go bonkers, first printing only the last couple of song records on the last page, and after that, the printer begins continuously spewing out page after page of just a few letters/characters of unintelligible text, or empty sheets of paper altogether, requiring me to frantically struggle to press the printers on/off switch, less it continue to spew out & ruin page after page of paper with only a few bits of text printed on each sheet.

During this process, if I check the status of the "MusicFinder View" print job status in the Windows System tray's 'print job' queue window, the # of pages appearing in queue for printing is something totally erroneous, like 82+ pages, even though the actual .mfd domcument includes only 60 song records.

I subsequently have reported the problem to Michael Bedesem (author), and he sent me a small test MFD file to test out with MusicFinder View 1.80 on my PC, and my printer printed it without a glitch. Interesingly enough, his test file contained only 7 song records, so I'm wondering now if the printer problem I'm experiencing is related to printing documents with a lot more song records than just 7, so hoping people here might attempt loading & printing out Music Finder files that contain at least 60 song records.

I've been using MusicFinder View for quite a few years now, and have really grown to rely on it for keeping my personal custom Music Finder song records organized & updated. This is the first time I've ever experienced printer problems with this program. I even re-checked my printer's functioning with all my other software programs installed on my PC (Microsoft Word, Notepad, etc) and it works fine with all my other PC's software programs. In an effort to assist Michael Bedesem & myself in determining if the print problem is uniquely happening on my PC alone or not, I'd like to request that other Yamaha Tyros & MusicFinder View 1.80 users here please test their MusicFinder 1.80 printing function on their PCs as well and report back your findings.

Many Thanks in advance for help & assistance.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-22-2005).]