Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#91305 - 03/06/01 02:22 PM NEW VA 76!!!
Uros Offline

Loc: Zemun,Srbija,Yugoslavia
VA 7 without speakers and 76 keyz.
www.roland.it

toooooo bad, i can't understand all

#91306 - 03/06/01 03:25 PM Re: NEW VA 76!!!
Jupiter5 Offline

The Ne 76 note version of the Va7

""finally! The new flagship of the series indeed GOES, with keyboard semiweighed from 76 notes and a look winning. IT GOES 76 maintains to all the qualita' sonorous that has rendered it famous GOES 7 inserting a new series and important possibilita' are to level hardware: like the insertion of new push-buttons on the frontal panel or the separated escapes, than to level software: like possibilita' of allocation of the VariPhrase part to the Lower section or the possibilita' of direct insertion of the Lyrics from rows txt Characteristics Same technical characteristics of the model GO 7 with following novita': Semipesata keyboard to 76 keys with dynamics and aftertouch New push-buttons of Parts selection and two allottable push-buttons Pads allottable VariPhrase part also to New the Lower part function database " Music Assistant " Possibilita' of programming of the pedal-key of control FC-7 Possibilita' of recording of one VariPhrase trace on existing SMF Song and styles fade in/out Autoload function for Phrase set, Midi set, User Program, Song 4 separate escapes Import of rows " txt " and synchronization with song the controlable Orchestrator Levels from the push-buttons Original and Variation Exited separated for metronomo with control volume " (tranlated via alta vista)

#91307 - 03/06/01 03:26 PM Re: NEW VA 76!!!
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
This explains why they did not know what VA-9 was.

Regretfully, there is no vocal harmonizer mentioned, the keyboard frame is big (they should have learned from Solton), and there are no speakers. I am sure they could have reused the speakers from the new KF90 piano - they are tastefully camouflaged, and yet you don't need to schlep an amp to hear yourself. I also did not see any extra buttons over VA-7, so those of us who found VA-7 not very usable, will probably not like the -76 either.

Regards

#91308 - 03/06/01 05:36 PM Re: NEW VA 76!!!
Clif Anderson Offline

Ditto Alex. It would be so easy for Roland to get it right with Vocal Harmony and slots for JV and SRX cards. Sign

However, it does seem that Roland has added buttons to speed access to certain functions. They were listening.

P.S. "GOES" in the translations is probably "VA series".

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 03-06-2001).]

#91309 - 03/06/01 07:26 PM Re: NEW VA 76!!!
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
wish I would know about the sounds!,if they add what the E-500"OR" had then I am going for it deffently!!!!!!!!!.

let's wait and see what does it have and what it can do!

------------------
vic

#91310 - 03/06/01 07:36 PM Re: NEW VA 76!!!
vic83 Offline

bad news (for me any way)...after all that time of waiting they did not add anything(new arabic sounds) from the E-500 "OR". still the same 3,649 sounds (like the VA-7/5/3)same styles.

*Roland I am not buying from your products again!.

------------------
vic

#91311 - 03/06/01 07:50 PM Re: NEW VA 76!!!
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Vic

If Roland introduces a VA-76OR, we will forgive you if you break your promise.

Clif

#91312 - 03/06/01 07:55 PM Re: NEW VA 76!!!
vic83 Offline

Clif,
I never said I want it to be "OR".all I wished from them to do, is just like what they did with the E-40OR and the G-800.they bascily took all the arabic sounds in the E-40OR and putted it in the G-800 and the E-40OR at that time was thier latest "OR" keyboard!.so I thought they would do that also with the E-500OR but they didn't and they woun't do..How do I know...BECAUSE I WORKED WITH THEM! along time Ago.

------------------
vic

[This message has been edited by vic83 (edited 03-06-2001).]

#91313 - 03/06/01 11:19 PM Re: NEW VA 76!!!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Vic,
I have a question for you. I have the Roland E40 oriental keyboards in my store, and my customers tell me that all the middle eastern sounds that are in the VA products and also the EM2000 and G1000 are the same as in the E40oriental. When I go through all the variation sounds within these keyboards, I find dozens of middle eastern sounds including Ouds, mizmars, nays, cawalas, etc. and the EModified oriental drum set. Are there sounds that I am not finding in these keyboards that are in the E500oriental? I have never seen the E500oriental. At first I thought that there were only 5 or 6 middle eastern sounds in the VA keyboards, but after searching through the banks and variations, I found many more than I originally thought were available.
Again, my question is this.......Are the middle eastern instruments and middle eastern drums different in these keyboards? The sounds in the E40oriental seem to be the same. Am I wrong? Being very busy in my store I have never really compared the VA middle eastern sounds one by one against the E40 oriental sounds. Your help would be appreciated in making me understand if there really is a difference.
Thanks,
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#91314 - 03/07/01 02:06 AM Re: NEW VA 76!!!
Clif Anderson Offline

Sorry, Vic, I was just teasing you a bit. I agree that Roland is unlikely to provide the Oriental sounds in the VA series, unless what George is suggesting turns out to be right. I feel some of the same frustration. Some of my favorite sounds are on Roland's Asia JV card. Why can't they put some slots in the VA series, at least at the high end. With four slots they are bound to sell $1000-$1400 list of cards per keyboard. They could make much more money and make customers happier with this. But so far, Roland has left us arranger types out. Yamaha is almost useless when it comes to ethnic sounds. Solton I think is a good bet.

If Korg comes out somewithing World, MidEast or Asian oriented, I will install it in my Karma. The Karma is really excellent for non-Western music because it provides for many different tunings, including a whole keyboard alternate tuning (not just by octave). The Guitar Generated Effects should work well with plucked ethnic instruments. Also, the Karma can handle rule-based rather than pattern based music, so is better at evoking many types of Asian music. However, there will be a long learning curve and some programming required to conform a Karma to taste. Eventually, I could get the Karma to drive the XV-5080, but I am hoping to get the sounds I want using fewer pieces of gear.

In any event, all manufacturers are going to be approaching 100 MB ROM next year. (Technics 6500 is expandable to 80 MB ROM, I understand.) With that much sound capacity, they are bound to be more generous with World samples.

Clif

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online