SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#91325 - 03/08/01 01:01 PM Re: NEW VA 76!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I think it's very obvious that Roland is aiming at a different approach with the VA series. I know MANY pro players that don't need a whole lot of real time control to do a great job. A good friend of mine is still working FULL TIME with a single keyboard and an OLD Roland drum machine - he makes MORE that any of us on this site. If my style was different, maybe the VA7 would be OK at work, but I'm sure alot of players like the "lack" of buttons to confuse them. Not my cup of tea, but then again.... I'm a coffee drinker!

#91326 - 03/08/01 08:04 PM Re: NEW VA 76!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wish somebody would rethink the materials that go into the physical construction of the keyboard. There are super-strong, super-lightweight materials from which a super-strong, super-lightweight keyboard could be made. The actual case would weigh only a couple of pounds. It would have USB connections, ultra fast hard drive, detachable speakers you could use at home and not have to carry to gigs. It would quite possibly even be modular in nature to allow it to be customized for individual preferences. Its operating system would be COMPLETELY upgradeable and completly user-programmable. We would even pay for upgrades as new technology becomes available. It would be workable because the construction of the keyboard would stand the test of time and abuse.
In short it would be a valid tool for professional keyboard players who don't want to hire a drummer, bass player, band, etc.
I'm so smart it's a wonder I'm not rich isn't it? :>) It doesn't hurt to dream!
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 03-08-2001).]

#91327 - 03/08/01 09:49 PM Re: NEW VA 76!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Well Don,
Now that you're "semi" retired, why don't you design such a beast? You can't play golf on rainy days, and the fish aren't hungry ALL the time!

#91328 - 03/09/01 08:26 AM Re: NEW VA 76!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wish I could design one, but I'm afraid it would cost $20,000. But semi-retired? Hardly, I'm just working day and night both!
I'm taking off today. Gotta clean house before Mr. & Mrs. Boo get here. Oh but that golf course looks mighty inviting out there.
Don

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online