SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#90901 - 11/18/03 06:54 AM genesys
1stripey Offline

Loc: Newport, South Wales, UK
Hi guys, new to this forum, so hello all. I have posted a message on the Gem forum, so I thought I'd do it here as well. Does anybody want to buy a GEM Genesys (61-keys, with speakers), still under warranty, with a few minor marks,otherwise totally immaculate. I'm flexible about the price 'cos I need the money (don't we all, ???) Look forward to your replies, regards, Ken Jones.

#90902 - 11/18/03 10:52 AM Re: genesys
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Ken,
When did the model with speakers come out, and which country did you buy it from?

#90903 - 11/18/03 01:44 PM Re: genesys
1stripey Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Ken,
When did the model with speakers come out, and which country did you buy it from?

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. My apologies, I should have mentioned where I live. It is in the UK (South Wales, next to England !!) It actually came out just before the pro 76-note model, and I bought it from the main manufacturers (Synergy) in the UK. The speaker system is wicked, far far better than any professional hi-fi for instance, with a beautiful bass aspect. If you were gigging, for instance, at a venue which was not too big, you actually would not need external amplification.(honest!) Hope that answers your question. Regards & take care, Ken.

#90904 - 11/18/03 03:39 PM Re: genesys
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Uncle Dave,

Even in the US, the genesys always had the speakers. As 1stripey said, the 76 version is the new version without speakers.

#90905 - 11/18/03 06:56 PM Re: genesys
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
There is no 76 note version of the Genesys with or without speakers at this time. The Genesys PRO is still only a 61 note version.

#90906 - 11/19/03 03:37 PM Re: genesys
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
PaulID,

That is a news to me. I was always under the impression that it was 76 keys.

Very interesting.

#90907 - 11/19/03 04:37 PM Re: genesys
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You're right. I remember now......I just forgot because I'm not much into Gem. My bad.

#90908 - 11/20/03 12:05 AM Re: genesys
1stripey Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
You're right. I remember now......I just forgot because I'm not much into Gem. My bad.

Sorry guys I may be wrong about the 76 keys. I'll check it out today at my local dealer. He's got a pro there.

#90909 - 11/20/03 05:52 AM Re: genesys
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stripey:
Sorry guys I may be wrong about the 76 keys. I'll check it out today at my local dealer. He's got a pro there.

He's got a Genesys Pro?? Miracles never cease. That may be the only Genesys Pro on the Planet in an actual Retail establishment.

Sorry Paul for making fun at GEM's marketing decisions. And although I realize you work for GEM as a Department Service Manager I think if you were top dog we would definitely see more Genesys/Pros in not only Retail Mom and Pops but also in other veins like Guitar Centers, Sam Ash'es, etc.

Oh, '1stripey' you will find that the Genesys Pro does indeed only have 61 Keys. PaulD of General Music knows what he's talking about since he works for GEM.

Best regards,
Mike

#90910 - 11/20/03 09:07 AM Re: genesys
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Mike,
Paul Davis has become National Sales Manager recently here in the USA. He was never the service manager but rather regional sales manager in the Western United States. I am a retail music store and I do stock both the Genesys and the Genesys Pro keyboards.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online