genesys

Posted by: 1stripey

genesys - 11/18/03 06:54 AM

Hi guys, new to this forum, so hello all. I have posted a message on the Gem forum, so I thought I'd do it here as well. Does anybody want to buy a GEM Genesys (61-keys, with speakers), still under warranty, with a few minor marks,otherwise totally immaculate. I'm flexible about the price 'cos I need the money (don't we all, ???) Look forward to your replies, regards, Ken Jones.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: genesys - 11/18/03 10:52 AM

Ken,
When did the model with speakers come out, and which country did you buy it from?

Re: genesys - 11/18/03 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Ken,
When did the model with speakers come out, and which country did you buy it from?

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. My apologies, I should have mentioned where I live. It is in the UK (South Wales, next to England !!) It actually came out just before the pro 76-note model, and I bought it from the main manufacturers (Synergy) in the UK. The speaker system is wicked, far far better than any professional hi-fi for instance, with a beautiful bass aspect. If you were gigging, for instance, at a venue which was not too big, you actually would not need external amplification.(honest!) Hope that answers your question. Regards & take care, Ken.
Posted by: sk880user

Re: genesys - 11/18/03 03:39 PM

Uncle Dave,

Even in the US, the genesys always had the speakers. As 1stripey said, the 76 version is the new version without speakers.
Posted by: PaulD

Re: genesys - 11/18/03 06:56 PM

There is no 76 note version of the Genesys with or without speakers at this time. The Genesys PRO is still only a 61 note version.
Posted by: sk880user

Re: genesys - 11/19/03 03:37 PM

PaulID,

That is a news to me. I was always under the impression that it was 76 keys.

Very interesting.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: genesys - 11/19/03 04:37 PM

You're right. I remember now......I just forgot because I'm not much into Gem. My bad.

Re: genesys - 11/20/03 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
You're right. I remember now......I just forgot because I'm not much into Gem. My bad.

Sorry guys I may be wrong about the 76 keys. I'll check it out today at my local dealer. He's got a pro there.
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: genesys - 11/20/03 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stripey:
Sorry guys I may be wrong about the 76 keys. I'll check it out today at my local dealer. He's got a pro there.

He's got a Genesys Pro?? Miracles never cease. That may be the only Genesys Pro on the Planet in an actual Retail establishment.

Sorry Paul for making fun at GEM's marketing decisions. And although I realize you work for GEM as a Department Service Manager I think if you were top dog we would definitely see more Genesys/Pros in not only Retail Mom and Pops but also in other veins like Guitar Centers, Sam Ash'es, etc.

Oh, '1stripey' you will find that the Genesys Pro does indeed only have 61 Keys. PaulD of General Music knows what he's talking about since he works for GEM.

Best regards,
Mike
Posted by: George Kaye

Re: genesys - 11/20/03 09:07 AM

Mike,
Paul Davis has become National Sales Manager recently here in the USA. He was never the service manager but rather regional sales manager in the Western United States. I am a retail music store and I do stock both the Genesys and the Genesys Pro keyboards.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

Re: genesys - 11/23/03 01:43 AM

Mike, Thanks for that vote of confidence. You'd be surprised how many stores across the US that have the Genesys or the Genesys PRO in-stock. At this time, I have no plans to introduce Genesys keyboards into catalog stores.
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: genesys - 11/23/03 07:55 AM

Originally posted by: George Kaye

Mike,
"Paul Davis has become National Sales Manager recently here in the USA. He was never the service manager but rather regional sales manager in the Western United States."

>My mistake George. Thanks for clarifying that. Actually after investigating further I think Paul's 'true' title is: "District Sales Manager", ie., DSM. His district being the Western United States. PS: What a huge undertaking! With your willingness to go out of your way and drive from place to place to display and demo a Genesys or Genesys Pro I would imagine your vehicle has racked up many a mile Paul. I hope GEM is giving you a driving allowance.

Originally posted by: PaulD

"You'd be surprised how many stores across the US that have the Genesys or the Genesys PRO in-stock. At this time, I have no plans to introduce Genesys keyboards into catalog stores."

>Paul your statement comes as a shock to me. If what you're saying is true (and I don't doubt that it is) please tell your underlings to ship some Genesys/Pro's to the San Diego area. I have searched high and low for the Genesys Pro here in the San Diego area but came up empty handed. It sure would be nice to demo a Genesys Pro in my area instead of having to drive a 100+ miles to demo one at George's store.

After I demoed it here and decided to get it I would then be willing to travel up to George's and purchase it from him. But to demo it here in my area would possibly save me a fruitless trip up to George's demoing one there and finding out it didn't suit me, ie., (my Arranger needs, style of playing, features, etc.) I just spent half a day fighting traffic using a half tank of gas, breathing all that smog (no offense George ) and got home with nothing to show for it - except of course in being able to meet George, and see his store and all that it offers. What is GEM's reasoning and aversion to placing the Genesys/Pro in the San Diego area anyway? PS: If there really is a store in my area please let me know which one[s] it/they are Paul.

Best regards,
Mike

Re: genesys - 11/23/03 11:16 AM

Mike,

George is correct; I am the National Sales Manager for Generalmusic. I was the DSM for the Western State and have recently been promoted to NSM. I will be down in your area again soon, and would be more than happy to hook up with you, and show you the Genesys PRO (or Genesys). We do not currently have a dealer stocking the Genesys series instruments in your area, but hopefully that will change. Over my years with Generalmusic, we have made great strides in distribution of our products and it is only getting better everyday. Thanks again for your intrest in Generalmusic products.

Best Regards,

Paul