SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#90747 - 07/21/03 01:59 PM pa1x Pro options
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Hi All,

Any word on options for pa1x pro? Additional sounds maybe and through what media? Or, and it's a dream come true, does it accept MOSS (spell?) boards like Triton does?

'Cause the price sounds a little too high even with the features mentioned although it does seems like a great keyboard.

------------------
New Yorker

#90748 - 07/21/03 02:07 PM Re: pa1x Pro options
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by New Yorker:
Hi All,

Any word on options for pa1x pro? Additional sounds maybe and through what media? Or, and it's a dream come true, does it accept MOSS (spell?) boards like Triton does?

'Cause the price sounds a little too high even with the features mentioned although it does seems like a great keyboard.

I played this keyboard in Nashville and this keyboard is a PA80 with a touch screen and I-30 sliders .

The only thing I liked about it was the action . Much better than the PA80 .

Dano

#90749 - 07/21/03 05:23 PM Re: pa1x Pro options
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Nice, but does it that it doesn't have any add-on options like Triton does? If I want to add sounds, not replace them but add, I won't be able to do it?

Also, how are the drums on it? Modern, resampled or what?

Thank you.

#90750 - 07/21/03 06:04 PM Re: pa1x Pro options
Clif Anderson Offline

"Pa1X Pro options include an MP3 encoder/player for direct recording of performances and playback of files or accompaniment. An optional CD-R drive can be installed for playback of standard audio files or to load new Sounds, Styles, and Samples. TC Helicon Vocal Effects upgrades include Pitch Correction and Voice Modeling."
from Harmony Central press release.

#90751 - 07/21/03 07:37 PM Re: pa1x Pro options
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by New Yorker:
Nice, but does it that it doesn't have any add-on options like Triton does? If I want to add sounds, not replace them but add, I won't be able to do it?

Also, how are the drums on it? Modern, resampled or what?

Thank you.

Yes New Yorker, you can add sounds by way of adding Expansion boards to the Pa-1X/Pro. There is room for 2 Expansion Boards that will increase the sounds but unfortunately I don't think they have one "yet" to increase the polyphony.

All the sounds on the Pa-1X/Pro can be modified, and even replaced with new ones. They are fully editable and the Expansion boards will add additional sounds.

The Drums are really good. Listen to the demos if you can to get an idea of how good they sound. http://www.korgpa.com/support/demo.asp?player=pa1xpro Download them if you can because they are longer than the Previews.

Best regards,
Mike

#90752 - 07/22/03 04:16 AM Re: pa1x Pro options
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Anybody know how they do the strumming sounds?

#90753 - 07/22/03 05:30 AM Re: pa1x Pro options
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Idatrod:
Yes New Yorker, you can add sounds by way of adding Expansion boards to the Pa-1X/Pro. There is room for 2 Expansion Boards that will increase the sounds but unfortunately I don't think they have one "yet" to increase the polyphony.

Mike:

Where did you find this information? I can't find anything about expansion board capability (none of Korg's releases mention this to my knowledge). Source?

#90754 - 07/22/03 06:42 AM Re: pa1x Pro options
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Idatrod:
...Download them if you can because they are longer than the Previews.

Hey Mikie,

Thanks for the tip....You saved me from showing up with egg on my face again!

I thought about going off on a rant regarding Korg's marketing techniques. First, the tiny snippets of a picture of the board, then the 10 second teasers of sound. C'mon Korg...If you are proud of the board, then show it off for crying out loud! Of course, I'm not into marketing so what do I know. Maybe teasing proves to be very effective???

Anyway, downloading the samples are the way to go.

Attention accordion players!! Download their accordion sample and give it a listen. Notice that 13 seconds into the piece, they change registers for the right hand...You even hear the click of the paddle shift (or whatever you want to call it). Yet the bass register stays the same.

Very cool!

Can't wait for them to come up with a realistic representation of bellow shaking.

mike

#90755 - 07/22/03 06:43 AM Re: pa1x Pro options
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Originally posted by: The Pro

Mike:

Where did you find this information? I can't find anything about expansion board capability (none of Korg's releases mention this to my knowledge). Source?

Here is the info:

New Sounds Through Sound Expansion

Not enough sounds? We doubt it but if you want to add more, the Pa1X has two slots available for the addition of optional user installable 16Mb Korg sound upgrade boards. These can provide up to 512 extra sounds and 128 extra drum kits.

Sampling

Still not enough sounds? In the real professional world you work in, you may need to add even more of your own custom sounds. The Sampling section in a fully developed feature to satisfy almost any professional need. You can create (record) up to 32 Mb of your own samples and multisamples (with optional added SIMM chips). Or you can load Wave, AIFF, Korg format files and of course the incredible Akai sample library – about the largest sample library available.

The Pa1X also features professional editing facilities such as loop, cut, normalize and cropping of samples. A special "Time Slice" feature allows you to slice audio grooves and import the audio data into a Style for the coolest rhythms available.

And here is the link:
http://www.korgpa.com/products/pa1xpro2.asp

You will have to scroll down some.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by Idatrod (edited 07-22-2003).]

#90756 - 07/22/03 07:44 AM Re: pa1x Pro options
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Hey - they've added more info here! Thanks, Mike. Apparently the "expansion boards" the PA1X uses are the same EXB-series board used in the Karma and the Triton. From the reviews of the EXB-PCM08 (Grand Piano expansion board) used in the Triton, the expansion boards DO NOT add polyphony - they only add 16 MB of PCM samples to the existing sound engine. Had my hopes up for nearly a minute there. Looks like the 62-note polyphony of the PA1X Pro (no coincidence that it's the same polyphony as the Triton) is locked in stone. Drat! So near and yet so far...

[This message has been edited by The Pro (edited 07-22-2003).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online