SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#90217 - 12/05/05 07:09 AM Re: My new Tyros2
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
I have to agree with you Chas, after owning my T2 for a week now I'm beginning to feel that but for a few new features, sounds and styles the T2 does not really live up to my expections and I feel my PSR3000 still sounds great on stage and in some respects it betters the T2, I much prefer the compact and bright display on the PSR3000 and I definitely prefer the 3000's control layout.

I always use two keyboards onstage as the two independent instruments facilitate easier soloing access and a better live sound mixing two separate sound sources, so its not a matter of reducing to just using the T2 onstage, also the tilting T2 screen is to far back to be easily readable under the top keyboard.

Over the last 10 years I have owned a Yamaha PSR630,PSR730, PSR740, PSR2000, PSR3000 and this is the first time I've felt so much disappointment with a Yamaha instrument. I suppose that with each new instrument my expectations have been satisfied but the overall difference this time makes me wonder whether the high outlay for just a few more 'Bells & Whistles' is justified when to the untrained ear (my audience) the difference is practically unnoticable so my T2 will soon be on Ebay.

Many applogies to the new happy owners of the T2 but we each have our own way's of utilising our instruments, for me I prefer to concentrate more on the playing aspect rather than the..'10 minure wonder'.. gimminks…it just does'nt fit the bill for me…sorry.

Rgds

Noel Jay
http://website.lineone.net/~davegladding/threes_company.htm

#90218 - 12/05/05 10:08 AM Re: My new Tyros2
lacobo Offline

Loc: Hoofddorp, NH, the Nethelands
Pasadoble: Have you tried altering the EQ settings? After I changed the EQ settings into a "smile" the T2 is so very much better than the PSR-3000. The default flat settings are not doing justice to this fine instrument.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online