Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#88981 - 08/11/10 07:01 PM Re: Good vs. Evil
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
I'm pretty sure that if I'd stood up with those other kids I would've done so purely out of a sense of peer pressure.

I grew up in a Church (Methodist) where ultimatums had no place in the sermons. I remember being taught a lot about virtues and how God wanted us to handle various issues in our lives. I never heard the phrase "born again" until I was almost in college.

Further, I never heard threats in a church until I moved to SW Ohio about 18 years ago. It was like they really thought they could frighten someone into being a better Christian.

I did praise and worship at a Methodist church here in Monroe Mi. some years back, never heard much fire and brimstone preaching, but that seemed to be the norm years ago and I'm glad you don't hear it much anymore. I think if you just preach the word of God , let the Spirit of God do the work and man get out of the way, then I believe a hole lot more people could come to a better relationship with the Lord. I also used to set up the sound systen for my church teen camp close to Kings Island, that may be somewhat close to where you are . A town called Hillsboro, Ohio off the cincinatti bypass, we had a great time, so we have actually done many of the same type of things. Seems like the whole world is comming against Christianity but Jesus said they hated me without cause and they will hate you also. I know there are a few bad apples out there preaching for monetary gain and could care less about Gods people, I tell you that they shall receive their reward, and that is a real shame. I must continue on anyway. The enemy, rather it be an army of war or the devil (ALL OUR ENEMY) always goes after the ones who has the power to hurt them most. Is that why the real Christian Church is so under attack by so many, something to think about. The term born again is simply (Changed ,Forgiven, a new Person in Christ, St John Chapter Three verses 5-8 )I gave an alter call at that Methodist church one morning and about 10 or 12 people came , That has been about 16 years ago and how many that really gave themselves to the Lord that day I don't know , but about 5 or 6 years ago a man came up to me and said , do you remember me? and I said no , he said I was one of those who came to the alter and gave my heart to the Lord the morning you ask us if we knew for sure that if we died today would we go to heaven and I was one who didn't know if I would or not. I know now he said , cause I am still serving God to this day because of that alter call. We can have a very positive impact on so many people in so many ways. So for me I just tell my testimony and what God has done for me. . BE BLESSED
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#88982 - 08/11/10 09:05 PM Re: Good vs. Evil
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA

#88983 - 08/12/10 12:13 AM Re: Good vs. Evil
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
What do you guys think of this?
http://www.christianpost.com/article/201...9-11/index.html

I read or heard about this a while ago. Once again, there's the misconception that Islam is not a religion of "peace". One only has to go back in history to see which religions have caused the most havoc. If you watch "Jesus Camp" you'll see how lunatics cast a bad light on what's supposed to be about inner peace. I say "inner" peace because isn't that what we strive for? It's the lunatics, the fundamentalists, that suck out that inner peace through lies, threats and deceit and turn it into rage and hatred. And I'll say it once again, you won't find any of this in Buddhism. That's rather unique, don't you think?

Mr. Jones will feel even more threatened by this:
http://www.christianchronicle.org/article2158711~Is_Christianity_In_America_losing _ground%3F

Mr. Dove may think of himself as a religious and righteous person but he perfectly examplifies the opposite.

Burning the Qu'ran is akin to burning parts of the Old Testament.

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

[This message has been edited by Taike (edited 08-12-2010).]

#88984 - 08/12/10 12:36 AM Re: Good vs. Evil
Taike Offline

Some excellent points made in this debate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=309MCU8TonE&feature=related

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

[This message has been edited by Taike (edited 08-12-2010).]

#88985 - 08/12/10 12:43 AM Re: Good vs. Evil
Taike Offline

Another charlatan that uses religion to fill his own pockets while teaching hatred:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgL8FDUtkWQ&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN_goSKPCaM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59NCduEhkBM&feature=channel

So how does he explain earthquakes in Taiwan, China, Vanuatu, USA,...?

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#88986 - 08/12/10 09:18 AM Re: Good vs. Evil
Mr. G Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
Bill, ever seen the movie "Jesus Camp"? Pretty scare stuff.

You can watch the entire movie on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOqGhcwwE1s&feature=PlayList&p=698E232E6C96531 B&index=0&playnext=1

Taike

But Remember , It's just a movie. Did you see the new Rambo movie? Pretty scary stuff.
How about 2012, even more scary. Anybody with a video camera can make any kind of movie they want. Just Movies by people with a heck of an imagination.
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#88987 - 08/12/10 09:31 AM Re: Good vs. Evil
Mr. G Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
Another charlatan that uses religion to fill his own pockets while teaching hatred:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgL8FDUtkWQ&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN_goSKPCaM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59NCduEhkBM&feature=channel

So how does he explain earthquakes in Taiwan, China, Vanuatu, USA,...?

Taike

This will be my last reply on these matters. I think anyone who reads these comments can easily see who has the hatred. If God himself would come down and look you right in the eye you would still not believe and would try to convince Him that you were right. So the one with the most hate in their heart is very odvious. Have a nice life!

#88988 - 08/12/10 10:30 AM Re: Good vs. Evil
Taike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. G:
But Remember , It's just a movie. Did you see the new Rambo movie? Pretty scary stuff.
How about 2012, even more scary. Anybody with a video camera can make any kind of movie they want. Just Movies by people with a heck of an imagination.

Oh, get real, please! It's a DOCUMENTARY!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Camp

It's child abuse, brainwashing, heck...it's pure horror. That such events even can take place is beyond me.

You don't see me telling YOU what to believe, do you? So far you have been doing nothing but.

If you were born in Saudi-Arabia, born to Saudi-Arabian parents, do you really believe that you'd still believe what you're believing now? It's all too easy to answer "Yes" while the reality is most likely a resounding "No". This is something you really don't seem to grasp. I've asked the very same question to others just like you and they all answered "Yes" without even giving it a thought that it wouldn't. How can one even answer such question? If you were born an Arabian you'd most likely not even had alcohol in the first place.

If a Muslim tries to convert you, you'll get upset. Yet you think nothing of it to confront others by telling them that they have to face your god or else be doomed.

The fact is that you didn't upset me at all as you stated in a previous post. It's rather that I have upset you.

You also showed me that you have no clue about Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, etc. I am happy that you've overcome your bout with alcoholism but you really shouldn't make it sound like only Born Again Christians can have the same experience as yours. There are literally thousands of non-Christians that have overcome alcoholism or drug addictions, either with finding solace in a belief or through their own willpower. And I am adamant that one's personal willpower is the main reason that anyone can overcome such addictions. To belief in a greater power than ourselves only makes it easier for some.

An atheist can be as good or even better than someone who shares your faith or any faith. To demonize an atheist is to grant oneself with power that shouldn't be his in the first place. You are in no place to judge anyone on their belief or non-belief. We all share the same planet and we all share its resources.

I watched the 9/11 event on TV. It was just a movie made by people with lots of imagination.

I watched the havoc caused by Hurricane Katrina on TV. It was just a movie made by people with lots of imagination.

Or not?

You want me to go on and on? Now if I am wrong, how can you be right? We both saw it on TV. We both weren't personal witnesses to these events. All what we saw were images made by someone's camera.

I never saw you fall off a barstool so how do I know it's true? But, unlike you, I take your word for it. If it had happened to me and I found Allah, you'd be telling me quite the opposite of what you felt.

You can talk about your belief until you're blue in the face (and I have poured cement into my ears), but FORCING one's belief onto someone else is an invasion of that person's liberty. YOU will face YOUR God and I will face MINE. How about that?

Please listen to what this man has to say, especially the part about prayer. Then sit down and think, think, think deeply about what he said. Maybe then you will understand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u3VOZ4n4aM

It's time that you get rid of this self-righteousness and stop loathing someone else's belief. Is no one bothering you to convert to theirs so why are you?

And now I'm going to bed.

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#88989 - 08/12/10 10:39 AM Re: Good vs. Evil
Taike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. G:
This will be my last reply on these matters. I think anyone who reads these comments can easily see who has the hatred. If God himself would come down and look you right in the eye you would still not believe and would try to convince Him that you were right. So the one with the most hate in their heart is very odvious. Have a nice life!

What if Allah looked you in the eye? Or Lord Shiva?

If a righteous person, someone who's never harmed anyone in his life, has done nothing but good deeds, but doesn't believe in your god, has to answer to your god or else be doomed, well, then all mankind is doomed. To heck with all laws for nothing makes sense then. Such a god would have failed his own teachings.

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#88990 - 08/12/10 03:42 PM Re: Good vs. Evil
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
G-What did you think of the Minister in Florida who wants to hold a burn the Quran day?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online