Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
Topic Options
#88971 - 08/10/10 03:53 AM Re: Good vs. Evil
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
You said: "I would say that if a Christian were to win a vast amount of money that he or she would still serve God, But a non Christian? Probably not unless their health began to fail and they realised that money cant save them, or restore their life."

That sounds like hatred or at least a genuine dislike towards non-Christians to me. And based on what facts?

Your experience is YOURS and you can't expect everyone else to feel the same way even if the experience is similar to yours.

Calling me an atheist means nothing to me. LOL You can call me a Muslim, Hindu, etc. for all I care. I would take it as a compliment.

No one ever said that your God is a god of disease, war, etc. All we did was aks WHY. Read my first post of this thread and you'll see what I mean.

When ONE preaches and does otherwise, he's a hypocrite. If I tell people to love each other but then look down or disrespect someone else's belief, than I'm a hypocrite. I don't care what one is, be it Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist. We're all human beings, have the same dreams, same pains, same gains, same losses, we all cry, laugh, love, ... Why can't certain people just not accept this.

Imagine...

Taike

I think I told you that I did not intend to call you anatheist, it was a quote from another a couple post down and I clicked the wrong one. If you got alot of money would it change your religion, probably not, so if being a non believer would it cause you to turn to God , Probably not ,I have no hatred for no one, especially non believers, the point is , is that when I was a non believer is when I was drinking and didn't care about religion and became a christian. your quote In your first post.
Gods will: cancer, sickness , desease war and if you don't remember the rest go back and take a look, Lets just let it go.
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#88972 - 08/10/10 03:58 AM Re: Good vs. Evil
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. G:
If they didn,t think they were right then they would not be buddhist , If muslims didn,t think that they were right then they too would not be muslims and the same holds true to all religious kinds of faith. I'm not knocking yours or anybodys religion and I can't understand why you say that I am. I have told of my experence and how real it is to me. If you are Buddist and it satisfys your spiritual needs then so be it. If it did not then you might would look for something that would, most people would. So if you are a Buddhist and it satisfys your needs you would not change to something else because you feel you're right. Just as we all do. So if buddist didn't claim to be right about their faith then would that mean that they claim to be wrong? of coarse not, so they too claim to be right just as all do.

Once again, Buddhism isn't about claiming that theirs is the true faith. Why don't you do some research and you'll see. It's no use for me trying to convince you. Buddhism is a religion and it's not a religion, it's a philosophy and it isn't a philosohy. Just take my word for it that no Buddhist would ever make such claim.

What my belief is doesn't matter. False claims would still be made.

To me, this is what Buddhism is all about on a daily basis and it's what makes me feel good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyLazm3fOrE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycbo1kvqAc4

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#88973 - 08/10/10 04:03 AM Re: Good vs. Evil
Taike Offline

God's will: cancer, sickness, disease, war, natural disasters,...
The Devil's Work: drugs, crime, sex, gambling, not being a believer, etc... Unless you're the victim... then it's God's Will.

It's God's Will: One of the most insulting and uncaring words ever. Unless you're looking forward to catching AIDS or get swept into sea by a tsunami.

I was referring to what people say. Just wondering why they say this. Bill and Chas understood for which I'm thankful.

Taike

#88974 - 08/10/10 07:32 AM Re: Good vs. Evil
Mr. G Offline

Quote:
God's will: cancer, sickness, disease, war, natural disasters,...
The Devil's Work: drugs, crime, sex, gambling, not being a believer, etc... Unless you're the victim... then it's God's Will.

It's God's Will: One of the most insulting and uncaring words ever. Unless you're looking forward to catching AIDS or get swept into sea by a tsunami.

I was referring to what people say. Just wondering why they say this. Bill and Chas understood for which I'm thankful.

Taike

Thanks for clearing that up. I don't know why such bad things happen to so many children and good people any more than anyone else but I'm sure God didn't intend it being this way. Whatever form of faith we have we all have the same goal, to make it to what most call Heaven, It is best to just let this topic fade away, and being unable to talk face to face it is almost impossible to express what you are really trying to say to one another because words can get twisted up so easily.
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#88975 - 08/11/10 07:12 AM Re: Good vs. Evil
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. G:
...It is best to just let this topic fade away, and being unable to talk face to face it is almost impossible to express what you are really trying to say to one another because words can get twisted up so easily.

No, let's not...

Mr. G, you said early in your comments that you found Christ a long time ago and that the joy in your heart hasn't diminished. That is good for you. I can't find a single fault with anyone who has found joy, peace and comfort in their faith.

What I ask you to consider is this...

I would like to have the faith in my heart that you have. However, the battle in my brain prevents me from obtaining such a thing.

When I was in my late teens, I attended a large Christian based retreat for kids my age. We sang songs, played games, did Bible study, etc. A really fun few days. The last evening we were all together, the people running the event asked all the kids in the audience who had been "saved" to please rise. You'll have to trust me when I say I wanted to stand up in the worst way, but I couldn't. I wondered privately what had all these other kids experienced that I hadn't?

To this day, I'm still waiting for an answer.

As I've gotten older, there's a plurality to my faith. Organizationally, I've grown less and less interested in participating in an established church. Some aspects are appealing, but in my mind, the wrong ones. Personally, I feel closer to God than I ever have. He knows my thoughts, fears, hopes, etc. Its between him and me.

While I'll grant you I've forgone the "ritual" of worshiping en masse, the few times over the last few years I have attended a Sunday morning service, I didn't enjoy it. 60 minutes of threats, empty promises, etc. didn't make me want to return.

I meant what I said about being glad you found peace.

What's ironic to me is that in a way, while I've spent a lot of time looking for Christ in my heart, I've also had this almost "heavenly" impulse to seek him out in my mind as well.

The product of that battle equals a very human dose of doubt.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 08-11-2010).]

#88976 - 08/11/10 09:25 AM Re: Good vs. Evil
Taike Offline

Glad to have you back, Bill.

To me, religion is a matter of conscience. I alone must decide for myself and you for yourself, what we choose.

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#88977 - 08/11/10 10:17 AM Re: Good vs. Evil
Mr. G Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
No, let's not...

Mr. G, you said early in your comments that you found Christ a long time ago and that the joy in your heart hasn't diminished. That is good for you. I can't find a single fault with anyone who has found joy, peace and comfort in their faith.

What I ask you to consider is this...

I would like to have the faith in my heart that you have. However, the battle in my brain prevents me from obtaining such a thing.

When I was in my late teens, I attended a large Christian based retreat for kids my age. We sang songs, played games, did Bible study, etc. A really fun few days. The last evening we were all together, the people running the event asked all the kids in the audience who had been "saved" to please rise. You'll have to trust me when I say I wanted to stand up in the worst way, but I couldn't. I wondered privately what had all these other kids experienced that I hadn't?

To this day, I'm still waiting for an answer.

As I've gotten older, there's a plurality to my faith. Organizationally, I've grown less and less interested in participating in an established church. Some aspects are appealing, but in my mind, the wrong ones. Personally, I feel closer to God than I ever have. He knows my thoughts, fears, hopes, etc. Its between him and me.

While I'll grant you I've forgone the "ritual" of worshiping en masse, the few times over the last few years I have attended a Sunday morning service, I didn't enjoy it. 60 minutes of threats, empty promises, etc. didn't make me want to return.

I meant what I said about being glad you found peace.

What's ironic to me is that in a way, while I've spent a lot of time looking for Christ in my heart, I've also had this almost "heavenly" impulse to seek him out in my mind as well.

The product of that battle equals a very human dose of doubt.

Hi bill in Dayton, I understand what you are saying because I felt the same way you did for a long time and at times still do. When all the kids stood to profess that they had been saved many of them may have felt just as you did , but by faith they stood. So we are saved by faith believing that when we ask God to forgive us and to make Him Lord of our live's it is not by what we feel but what we believe. I think if you would have stood with the rest and confessed that you too had been fogiven of all your sins you may have expirienced just what you were looking for. I played in night clubs and bars drinking etc. but I new that God was not pleased with me, but I loved that band so much that I didn't want to let go but in order to serve God I knew I had to. Many who read this will say , (there's nothing wrong with playin in the clubs and stuff) but anything we put ahead of what God has called us to do is not right and we all know that deep inside what should and should not be. But just as you I broke my pride and went to church and when the alter call was give I got to my feet and went. So I began to tell God that if He would forgive all my sins and save me that I would quit playing in the Bars and serve Him , nothing happened , I still felt the same ol way as before ,but I began to change my prayer from (If you will then I will) to Lord I quit the bar scene, from this moment on no more boozin, no more rock bands and I will use the talent you gave me to lift you up so the ones searching for a life that only you can give can find. So when I said I am forgiven, I am saved , I then felt the weight of sin lift from me and proclaimed to all that ( I AM SAVED )So if I had not responded to the alter call and professed that I am saved I don't know where I would be today. from that day until now I play contemporary Christian Music in Church, Coffee Houses Parks and other places, and I would say the Music out there is so incredible. Go on u-tube Contemporary Christian Music, Check out Micheal W. Smith , Steven Curtis Chapman , Chris Tomlin and so many more , I think you will like most of what you hear. So we walk by faith proclaiming Him , the Bible says , we are saved by faith. It is so easy that it's hard to believe sometimes that a simple prayer of asking total forgiveness and believing and thanking Him for it. We can't think about what others do or believe, we have to seek out our own salvation. I pray that this is a help to you and others as well, I have a doctors app. so I must go for now but I know we will chat again soon. One more thing , the night I got saved and told God that I was done with the old life , (THE BAR SCENE etc.) He knew that I meant it and was sincere to my confession to Him , that is what really made a difference , He knew my heart and that I truely wanted to serve Him insted of myself and the ol enemy. God Bless
Gordon

#88978 - 08/11/10 01:27 PM Re: Good vs. Evil
Mr. G Offline

Quote:
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and Demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, Beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long; Its purpose is in the service of your people.

"People fear what they don't know."

Chief Dan George

I agree , People do fear what they don't know , thats why we all fear death. It's unknown. But I do think we can have more peace at that time if we have lived a life ( in my case and faith a Christian )as close to Gods will and purpose as we can , and the same go's for any of our faiths.So if we believe in the God that Peter and Paul preached , or the God of another faith I believe there is a peace we all can find , we just have to find it for our selfs

#88979 - 08/11/10 05:39 PM Re: Good vs. Evil
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I'm pretty sure that if I'd stood up with those other kids I would've done so purely out of a sense of peer pressure.

I grew up in a Church (Methodist) where ultimatums had no place in the sermons. I remember being taught a lot about virtues and how God wanted us to handle various issues in our lives. I never heard the phrase "born again" until I was almost in college.

Further, I never heard threats in a church until I moved to SW Ohio about 18 years ago. It was like they really thought they could frighten someone into being a better Christian.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 08-11-2010).]

#88980 - 08/11/10 06:46 PM Re: Good vs. Evil
Taike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
I'm pretty sure that if I'd stood up with those other kids I would've done so purely out of a sense of peer pressure.

I grew up in a Church (Methodist) where ultimatums had no place in the sermons. I remember being taught a lot about virtues and how God wanted us to handle various issues in our lives. I never heard the phrase "born again" until I was almost in college.

Further, I never heard threats in a church until I moved to SW Ohio about 18 years ago. It was like they really thought they could frighten someone into being a better Christian.

Bill, ever seen the movie "Jesus Camp"? Pretty scare stuff.

You can watch the entire movie on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOqGhcwwE1s&feature=PlayList&p=698E232E6C96531 B&index=0&playnext=1

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

[This message has been edited by Taike (edited 08-11-2010).]

Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online