SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >
Topic Options
#87808 - 11/05/08 06:56 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
I love subtle humor, so I am posting this... hope you like it.

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/3004192835_c5ac394af8.jpg?v=0[/img]

if the above doesn't work look at

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/3004192835_c5ac394af8.jpg?v=0

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 11-05-2008).]

#87809 - 11/05/08 07:09 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Bill, excellent post. Thanks for your insight.

#87810 - 11/05/08 07:24 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
trident Offline

Did the US participated in the 1980 Olympics in Moscow? I thought they boycotted the event.

Anyway, for me, Obama was my preffered candidate. Better suited to my beliefs which I am not going to write here, not because I don't want to, but simply because I am too lazy.

Simply put, let us all hope that the "change" Mr Obama was reffering to, does not simply mean the change of skin colour of the next tennant of the White House, but a change of attitude regarding all the serious issues that the POTUS has to face, on behalf of US citizens. A change that if is succesful, will actually help change the whole world.

Unless someone with a rifle drops him, like they did to JFK, and makes a saint of him.

#87811 - 11/05/08 07:28 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Did the US participated in the 1980 Olympics in Moscow? I thought they boycotted the event.

The US boycotted the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow, not the 1980 Winter Olympics in Lake Placid, NY.

The boycott was related to the Carter administration's stance on the USSR/Afghan conflict...

Almost a tad ironic, eh?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#87812 - 11/05/08 07:31 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
trident Offline

Ironic, yes.

#87813 - 11/05/08 08:10 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Bill, your post was thoughtful, reasoned, and pretty much a guide to how we should approach all such unfamiliar situations; ie. first get the facts, weigh all the subtleties of the situation, then (and only then) decide. For those of you that seem so fearful of an Obama presidency, I would LIKE to say that with the checks and balances of a three branch government, one man can't do that much damage. Yes, I would LIKE to say it, but Bush kind of killed that theory.

BTW, Tony, I sure had you misread. But, hey, you're certainly entitled to your opinions.

Anybody know of a nice vintage B3 for sale. If you happen to run across one, let me know (but only if it's in good condition).

chas

#87814 - 11/05/08 08:23 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Given the state of our country at this time (economic chaos and two wars), shouldn't we be sending ANY new fairly-elected president our best wishes and get solidly behind him in straightening out the awful mess this current administration has left us in. Hanging on to your old predjudices to your own detriment just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Isn't it time to step up and just be better than that. Despite electing an African-American, it's clear that you STILL only need scratch the surface to get to the ugly underbelly. Guess we still have a ways to go. Sad. Maybe after all the 'righteous' among us have departed for Costa Rica (and Godspeed), we can began to heal as a nation (that IS what we want, right?) and start to feel good about ourselves and ALL of our fellow citizens.

I'm a liberal, but like Rory, I'll reserve judgement on Obama until AFTER he's been given a chance to suceed. God Bless America and all the brave people of good will and good conscience who were willing to break precedent and give him a chance.

chas

chas ... I also applaud the fact that Americans were willing to put color aside when voting ... I ASSURE you, when I voted for McCain, I was voting against the "most liberal Senator" in the country and the Far Left that vigorously supports him. ... I do not apologize for disagreeing with some of Obama's ideology ...
Apparently, most of America got past the color line, perhaps it is time for others to do so also ...

To me, the MOST disturbing thing about this election is the fact there are more Democrats in Congress, but fortunately, not the number they wanted ...

It amazes me that the Republican Party did not talk more about the fact that it is the Democrats who are responsible for the Freddie and Fannie mess, and while there were serious problems prior to, we REALLY started to get into a deeper and deeper hole after the election of a Democrat Congress two years ago - or perhaps the liberal media just didn't allow it to be publicized !!!

And being a believer in the power of Prayer, I will pray that there will be enough people with good common sense, regardless of political affiliation, to get us out of the mess we are in ...

t.

#87815 - 11/05/08 08:39 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Another thing I find interesting in hearing and reading some of the commentary here and other places, is that America voted for Obama because of his ideas and plans for change ...
I can't help but wonder, if he had lost, how much of the conversation would have been NOT about the fact that Americans did not like his ideas and plans for change, but about the race issue ... ???

t.

#87816 - 11/05/08 08:45 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
Bachus Offline

I kinda feel sad for Obama, as in 4 years he will get blaimed for the ruins caused by 8 years of Bush government...

No way in earth that he can get the US economy on the rails again in the next 4 years... Dark ages are comming for the western world... caused by Bush fammily and they will be blaimed on Obama

http://keyszone.boards.net

#87817 - 11/05/08 08:53 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:

Unless someone with a rifle drops him, like they did to JFK, and makes a saint of him.[/B]

And yet another idiotic statement....

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online