SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#8671 - 08/09/08 02:46 AM MOTU 828mk3 driver problem
Recorder Offline

Just bought my new computer and having problem installing MOTU 828mk3's drivers. I updated 828mk3's firmware to 1.06 version (thanks to this board!).
I've installed corresponding drivers (included in 1.06 "software pack") on Windows XP Pro SP3 without any problem. Rebooting computer and turning on the 828, Windows begins to recognize all drivers and the installation of the drivers seems ok, but when Windows tries to load MOTU Audio Wave driver, the installation closes with this error message: "impossible to start device (10)" and in Device Manager the MOTU Audio
Wave driver is listed with a yellow esclamation mark.
System information: CPU Intel QX9770, Motherboard Asus P5E64 WS Evolution, RAM 4Gb DDR3, OS Windows XP Professional SP3.
Board has a VIA Firewire chipset, I've tried adding a PCI card with Agere chipset with no success (unfortunately I have any card with Texas Firewire chipset at the moment......).
Also I tried disabling (in BIOS) motherboard's internal audio device, nothing changed.......
Any idea? Maybe just a Firewire chipset problem? (if so, buying the right Firewire PCI card would be a simple solution), or other Windows problem (maybe SP3)?
I just opened a Techlink in MOTU web site, but no reply for the moment. Please help, this MOTU is great and I ABSOLUTELY DON'T WANT TO REPLACE IT!!! Thank you to all.

#8672 - 08/09/08 03:42 PM Re: MOTU 828mk3 driver problem
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
I'd try:

* Uninstall MOTU drivers and run the installer again. AKA clean install.
* Reset your MKIII to factory.

Otherwise just sit tight and wait for MOTU techs to respond. I usually end up receiving any tech support replies in my spam folders (foreign IP driving spam filters crazy) so check that just to be sure their replies aren't getting filtered out.

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 08-09-2008).]

#8673 - 08/10/08 02:14 AM Re: MOTU 828mk3 driver problem
Recorder Offline

Hi 3351, you just helped me one month ago suggesting to update firmware, but I'm afraid this time my problem is really bad...... yes I tried to uninstall/reboot/reinstall drivers pack but nothing changed...... I didn't try reset to factory (good idea!), but I don't understand where to search (Windows or hardware?). OK for filtering, but I regularly check MOTU web site where you can see immediately if they replied (nothing for the moment......). Thank you for your help.

#8674 - 08/11/08 11:19 AM Re: MOTU 828mk3 driver problem
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
The factory reset is done from the front panel of the unit and has nothing to do with XP. On my MKII its relatively easy to find so I presume it should be the same for MKIII. So if you're feeling adventures then try finding the reset page yourself. If not then check the manual.

Another thing worth trying is actually hooking up the MOTU to another computer. Just to make sure its not your PC that's having problems. Which it shouldn't really. ...But you never know. The only thing that sort of sticks out at me when going through your specs is XP SP3. Could be a compatibility issue there. Again, I'm only speculating.

cheers,

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 08-11-2008).]

#8675 - 08/11/08 05:25 PM Re: MOTU 828mk3 driver problem
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I recently had to update drivers for some of my USB audio devices..because of SP3..

I would also check and see if they have updated the driver..

#8676 - 08/11/08 05:29 PM Re: MOTU 828mk3 driver problem
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
also check the driver..it may be defaulting to a compliance driver..You may have to install the driver manually..

I recently had to do this with a USB Audio controller..I was getting a notice of TIBIA invalid data...

#8677 - 08/12/08 12:38 AM Re: MOTU 828mk3 driver problem
Recorder Offline

I'm trying all possible operation..... just tried factory reset with no success, tried to open a Techlink in MOTU website but no reply for the moment (they neither read it). In next days probably I will have a chance to test this device in a portable PC......
It's really a bad situation because, as I said, this is a GREAT audio device! I'm using it standalone and its sound is brilliant!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online